Apr 27, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
Everything from optomCAS finally got verified and I just received an email from ICO saying they received my application. It says to allow 3-4 weeks for them to review my application. I am just curious of other people's experiences with ICO the application process. Did it take the full 3-4 weeks to receive a supplemental from ICO? Also, once you submitted the supplemental how long did it take to hear back about an interview? I am trying to be patient but it would be nice to hear other people's timelines.

Aug 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
It took about 2 weeks for me to receive the supplemental invitation and then about a week to receive an invitation to interview!

Aug 13, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
I applied a few weeks ago. It took a few days to get the supplemental and then a day or two to get the interview invitation. Maybe this is just because I applied early? I've already done the interview and been admitted, let me know if anyone has any questions about the process!

About the Ads

Optoman24

2+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2016
Status
Pre-Optometry
I am a 1st year now (not at ICO) and it took ICO a few days to get back to me asking me to fill out the supplemental last year. After I sent it in, it was about a week and they asked me to come in for an interview. It really depends on the inflow of applications at the time. I would assume that right now is their busiest so it could take a week or two. Typically, ICO will offer you an interview if they ask you to fill out the supplemental and they are happy with your responses, but that's just an assumption.

pineapple1

2+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
My OptomCAS application was verified 9/12, my OAT scores were received 9/14, and I received an e-mail to complete the supplemental application 9/15. I submitted the supplemental application this morning.

OP
S
Apr 27, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
I applied a few weeks ago. It took a few days to get the supplemental and then a day or two to get the interview invitation. Maybe this is just because I applied early? I've already done the interview and been admitted, let me know if anyone has any questions about the process!
Congrats! To update everyone I actually did receive the supplemental yesterday (9/15) and my optomCAS was received (9/7) so it was about a week between being verified and receiving the supplemental!

pinkfloydd21

2+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2017
Status
Optometry Student
Once I submitted my application, it took about a week to receive a supplemental application from them. Submitted it on a Saturday, and got an invitation to interview on a Tuesday! Interviewed last week and just got accepted!

Reactions: eyelina
Jul 29, 2018
Did the supplemental application include an essay? If so what was the prompt? I'm worried that once I start the supplemental application I;ll have to fill it all out at once and the essay isn't not the first page. Thanks!

About the Ads