ICO Supplemental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NAE429

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has everyone already received it? I submitted near the beginning of August so its been almost a month... is this normal? I hope they haven't deemed me a non-competitive applicant!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Has everyone already received it? I submitted near the beginning of August so its been almost a month... is this normal? My GPA/OAT are the schools average. I hope they haven't deemed me a non-competitive applicant!

I haven't heard from them either.

I received one.. my application was mailed friday aug 19th and i believe I got a supplemental request that monday. I filled it out and the scanned it for email that night and I received an interview invitation the next day. I would definitely try and fax/ email the supplemental when you receive it. The process went quick after that :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I received one.. my application was mailed friday aug 19th and i believe I got a supplemental request that monday. I filled it out and the scanned it for email that night and I received an interview invitation the next day. I would definitely try and fax/ email the supplemental when you receive it. The process went quick after that :)

Im assuming you're gpa is really high? cause mine was mailed out on the exact same day but I didn't hear from them.

I too mailed my OptomCAS out on the 19th of Aug. and received the supplemental the 24th. They're not my top choice and I'm still on vacation so I haven't returned it to them yet.

I too mailed my OptomCAS out on the 19th of Aug. and received the supplemental the 24th. They're not my top choice and I'm still on vacation so I haven't returned it to them yet.

Hmm, guess I should start worrying then...

I turned in my supplemental application on August 25, but haven't heard from then since. Does anyone know that being invited to fill a supplemental application guarantee you an invite for an interview?

So, for ICO, they mail you the supplemental application after they review your primary application? when do I pay for the supplemental application and how do I pay for it?

I turned in my supplemental application on August 25, but haven't heard from then since. Does anyone know that being invited to fill a supplemental application guarantee you an invite for an interview?

No, filling out a supplemental application does not guarantee an invite for an interview. The supplemental application is really easy though--all you have to do is list all the science classes you took and then calculate your science GPA. I got invited for an interview the very next day after submitting my supplemental application.

If you get invited to fill out the supplemental application, in order to make the process go by quicker, I suggest you scan the form after filling it out and email it. Mailing it via snail mail will take a few days.

So, for ICO, they mail you the supplemental application after they review your primary application? when do I pay for the supplemental application and how do I pay for it?

Yes, you will get an email regarding the supplemental application as long as they are pleased with your OptomCAS application. You can pay for it via credit card online.