ICO vs UIWRSO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pre-optometry student

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am trying to decide if I want to go to ICO or UIWRSO. I have been accepted to ICO just recently and I was accepted into UIWRSO months ago, so I all ready put down all my deposits for the school. Also, Texas is cheaper to live in and it is warmer then Chicago. However ICO seems to have a better reputation then UIWRSO. I'm not sure which school is the better choice. Also, ICO has a huge class size compared to UIWRSO.
 
My opinions:
-class size is irrelevant when <200
-I'm not sure if UIWRSO is accredited, but I wouldn't attend a non-accredited school
-chicago housing isn't that expensive (400-800/month rent is out there), I think they have a high sales tax though 10%
-consider if you have attachments in Texas or Chicago.
-consider how you felt about the facilities on your interview
-consider tuition cost differences
- a lot of people will say that it doesn't matter which school you graduate from, and it's true that patient's won't care, but non-corporate employers will likely consider it.
 
My opinions:
-class size is irrelevant when <200
-I'm not sure if UIWRSO is accredited, but I wouldn't attend a non-accredited school
-chicago housing isn't that expensive (400-800/month rent is out there), I think they have a high sales tax though 10%
-consider if you have attachments in Texas or Chicago.
-consider how you felt about the facilities on your interview
-consider tuition cost differences
- a lot of people will say that it doesn't matter which school you graduate from, and it's true that patient's won't care, but non-corporate employers will likely consider it.

Both are accredited.