Idaho pharmacy intern vs extern?

Started by Timbo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Timbo

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I noticed the Idaho State Board of Pharmacy has two separate applications: one for pharmacist externs and pharmacist interns for if you are still enrolled in a pharmacy school or if you have already graduated respectively. Does the Idaho BOP hand out separate licenses for "externs" and "interns"? I have applied for an extern license from out of state before graduation but have been denied because i have since graduated.
 
I noticed the Idaho State Board of Pharmacy has two separate applications: one for pharmacist externs and pharmacist interns for if you are still enrolled in a pharmacy school or if you have already graduated respectively. Does the Idaho BOP hand out separate licenses for "externs" and "interns"? I have applied for an extern license from out of state before graduation but have been denied because i have since graduated.

Yes. Idaho is weird. If you are graduated and coming here before passing the NAPLEX/MPJE and getting your pharmacist license, you will need the intern license. Externs are only those currently enrolled in school.
 
Yes. Idaho is weird. If you are graduated and coming here before passing the NAPLEX/MPJE and getting your pharmacist license, you will need the intern license. Externs are only those currently enrolled in school.
Ah I see. Thank you!