Ideal Pharmacy Setting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoffeeDose

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm preparing for interviews and I came across a question that I'm not quite sure about. It says:

"As a future pharmacist, describe your ideal pharmacy setting."

Do they mean what branch of pharmacy are you interested in?.. such as community pharmacies, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I'm preparing for interviews and I came across a question that I'm not quite sure about. It says:

Do they mean what branch of pharmacy are you interested in?.. such as community pharmacies, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, etc?

While I can't offer any immediate help, would you mind telling me where you are finding these sample questions specific to a pharmacy interview?

While I can't offer any immediate help, would you mind telling me where you are finding these sample questions specific to a pharmacy interview?

I found it on the interview feedback for Midwestern-CCP

Members don't see this ad :)

No TPR and DUR rejections and No idiots bothering you while you are trying to verify scripts! ;) Just kidding! althought thats 99.9999% of everyones ideal setting...its best not to say that during an interview!. :laugh:

I would talk about not only what branch but what kind of people you would like to work w/,environment, attitude, teaching hospital...jazz it up.

I thought that was obvious... describe your ideal work environment. What you would you like to have as your daily responsibilities? would you like to interact with healthcare professionals or patients? how closely? would you mind paperwork? do you thrive in a fast-paced or slower, more detail-oriented environment?

Try to research as much as you can about different settings - not just retail or hospitals, but also such things as the home infusion pharmacies, IHS, VA, etc. It is also not a bad idea to preface your answer with something like "I have limited experience now, and I would like to use my time in pharmacy school to explore different options and be able to make an educated choice upon graduation"...