Ideal study timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBurns10

Excellent, Smithers
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I may have asked this a long time ago but I couldn't find it anywhere, so I apologize if this is a repeat to any of you. My school does its clinical rotations during 2nd year and then we take step 1 anytime during 3rd year, and I'm currently trying to decide when that will be for me. Some people choose to take it 4-5 weeks after rotations end and just study hardcore until then, while others choose to take it later in the year and study a few hours every day for a couple months then hardcore for a couple weeks. I think the idea of studying a few hours every day for longer suits me, but I wanted to see what people who have already gone through step 1 think, particularly about the impact on learning and retention. I'll be doing research that should be pretty flexible so either way should be fine.

I would appreciate any and all opinions. Sigh...what other test out there could make someone stress for a year or more about it?

Members don't see this ad.