ideas for 3rd year research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sapience8x

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what ideas do you have for 3rd year research? i approached the path chair about this and she sent me to someone else to see if there is something i could do. all i coudl tell her is an area i wanted to look into- hemepath. i have talked to 4th year who did chart reviews but these were obviously in the more clinical specialties is there something similar that i could do? i know i coudln't do bench work because it's something that i need to be able to do on the lighter rotations. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

you could do an IHC based project. all you need would be to obtain tissue specimens from the tissue bank at your institution, buy a whole slew of commercial antibodies, have access to an auto-stainer (from Dako, for example)...and waa-laa! you have yourself a nice project on your hands! since molecular classification and profiling is the big craze in pathology these days, i'm sure you can find a PI who does this kind of work.