Ideas for SNF Internship In-service?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jadajar

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm currently doing my clinical rotation/internship at a SNF, and it's almost time for me to present a quick in-service... Although for some reason I am struggling to think of a good/necessary topic. Does anyone have a good topic idea for this opportunity that they feel is much needed at SNF?

Thanks much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Make sure everyone is not doing the same thing every day over and over with the patients I've seen PTAs wearing them out with the exact same thing every day with little progress.
Just an idea.

Try thinking about anything that you think would help improve the facility. Any area that you think may be "lacking" whether it be therapeutic exercises, manual techniques, anything really. For example, I found that in my SNF rotation, I thought that the Outcome tools that they used were very limited and did not give much information for patients so I found two new outcomes measures, explained why I thought they would be useful and gave a quick demonstration with one of the PTA's acting as a mock patient.

Last edited: