Idp Compiled Acceptance Stats 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrinalini

bAbYRoAcH
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
NOTE- The list has been updated and put up on the second page of this thread, I thought I could edit this upload and attach the file to this post, but it doesnt seem to allow me to do so.

Hi,
A lot of us want to know what it takes to get admission into an IDP programme in terms of scores, gpa etc.I have compiled a list of stats that have been posted on the international dental thread along with where they have been admitted.
I hope this information will be of help to all future applicants. The list includes ndb scores, gpa, toefl scores, and work experience if mentioned. I was unable to find a few peoples scores, If those people on the list dont mind messaging me or posting them on the acceptance thread , I will update the list and add them on. Finally I have not taken anyones permission prior to doing this and I have only used information that has been posted on the threads. However if anyone wants me to remove them from the list, kindly pm me and i will do so.
I hope this List grows longer with time. I will update it as soon as more people post their acceptances. Please open the attachment to view the list. The file is in the pdf format, it requires adobe acrobat reader to view.This software is freely available to download at www.adobe.com.
cheers!!
Mrinalini

Members don't see this ad.

WOW !

Now, that's dedication. :clap: :clap:

Good job !

ps- Just to keep with the privacy regulation, do oblige and edit the info of ppl who dont want to be in this list (that is, if such request is made ).

Thank you henna, I will remove anyones name, if they complian or pm me. :D
This list is a result of unemployment more than dedication :D thanx anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by mrinalini

This list is a result of unemployment more than dedication :D
That's a very creative way of spending your free time. :)

This is amazing, great work. Kudos to Mrinalini.

Hope I am not asking for too much, the fact is some of the people on the list are not yet decided where they will be going. For example ritu14, dimple (to note a few).

Is it a good idea to say what are all the schools a person is selected and his final choice.

It takes lots of work, may be little too much to ask.

but thanks again for your work.

Hey Mrinalini,

Great job!
I too have compilied a similar list and wanted to post it after everyone made their decision or got accepted so that future SDNers may benefit.
This forum has been a great help to me. I didnt know where to begin and after being here I really know how this IDP thing works...
Good job:clap:

WAWOOOOOOO

You must be a reaaallly dedicated person nalini.

I'm #35, I accepted it, haven't taken part 2, and have whole lot of work experience. and my score is the lowest one! (although I already knew that). :cool:

good job, i like your work.

You are a genius buddy ,god job .What about you ?? Where do you stand now??

hi,
great work and i deeply appreciate the dedication and interest. I have a correction for you, i got accepted in UCLA, UCSF, NYU, until now, but i decided to go to UCSF.

Nice work and all the best.

Indiandentist

hi mrinalini,
u didn an excellent work and can i ask u one question. It sayd u r from london. R u? If yes, do u have plans to come down to USA. Do let me know if u dont mind.

Thank you very much for your kind words folks.!!
Indiandentist: I will make the changes over the weekend, and post them up, If thats ok with you. I will update the list every week. Thanks for the updates.
Meggs: The list has been compiled on the basis of colleges alphabetically, so #35 has no significance. It does not reflect your stats relative to anyone elses. :)
Charaka: I have put an acceptance column adjacent to the college column, as and when people post their final destinations I will add them on.
Sam & Krishh: I will be taking the NDB part1 in July and I will apply for the IDP programmes in 2005.I am in London, and my hubby and I may move to the states based on my admissions and other factors.
I am getting too much credit for something that was not my idea to start with. My inspiration was another list like this that was compiled by an applicant to economics phd. It helped my hubby a lot during his admission process...and so i mooched the idea ;)
Muchos gracias!!
Cheers

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
Thanx for the prompt reply and can i know where r u from and where did u graduate.

All the best and i wish u will join some where in next year.

hey
Thought i will give my stats too. i got accepted into UOP and USC and i am not sure as of now where i am going. i am confused.anyways my NBD score is 87, Toefl-280, GPA-3.2
Hope this helps. Great work. And i guess i am one of those "lurkers":D
Have fun

dear mystiq.. i edited my post.. :D what i said abt lurkers was silly, dont take it to heart. :)

T.

Hi All,
I got accepted in UCSF too long back but I had no motivation to post it here .When I saw mrinalini's work I thought I should do this.

Thanks
sang

Meggs: The list has been compiled on the basis of colleges alphabetically, so #35 has no significance. It does not reflect your stats relative to anyone elses. :)

I didn't mean that. I just mentioned my number so you could find me easier when doing the update. :D

Great work! And yes you're right, I bet this list will give next year applicants and newbies a much better view of what does it takes to get into school. Great work again!!! :clap:

HEY BUDDY GREAT JOB!!!!!

Hello mrinalini,
How r u?...U have done a wonderful research and it's so nice of u to reveal it to others ... :thumbup: ..I find it very informative:clap: I think in future sdn may find some kinda software, which gives your probability of getting admitted in a specific dental school based on ur scores:smuggrin: ..Wow that's cool;)

Great job mrinalni:thumbup:

my stats
part 1 85
toefl 270
gpa 2.55
and am in the waiting list at uop.
you can add me too in the list.

thanks

Hi,
It is surprising to see that u dont have motivation to post ur result here. When u used the info in this site i think one should contribute also. Isnt it. Any way thats what i think.

All the best

Originally posted by dentaldoc
Hello mrinalini,
How r u?...U have done a wonderful research and it's so nice of u to reveal it to others ... :thumbup: ..I find it very informative:clap: I think in future sdn may find some kinda software, which gives your probability of getting admitted in a specific dental school based on ur scores:smuggrin: ..Wow that's cool;)
and ethnicity..citizenship..work experience etc etc:(

Originally posted by krishhhhh

It is surprising to see that u dont have motivation to post ur result here. When u used the info in this site i think one should contribute also. Isnt it. Any way thats what i think.

:thumbup:

Hi Mrinalini,
Great job!!:clap:
But as far as I know Dr Pablo has already graduated and not joining in 2004,you are mentioning previous years results too then you'll have to add many more to the list ..like Henna..etc.
Just a suggestion..
Take care,:)

Originally posted by pinktooth
But as far as I know Dr Pablo has already graduated and not joining in 2004,

Nope, you're confussing Dr. Pablo with someone else. She will be joining UPenn this year.

:wow: Pinktooth :who told you that?? .I read somewhere that Dr.pablo is joining UPENN this year .

I am sorry..yes I mistook Dr pablo for someone else:)

KRISH AND MEGGS
Have u guys really read the acceptances thread .Dont be kiddish.

sang

wow.. mrinalni.............

thats really amazing.......great work.......... keep it up......:thumbup: ........
cods.......

Hey Tasha
it's absolutely alright. that was really funny name though(lurker) :D
have fun

great work!!!

thanks for summarizing ....

great help to all of us!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

great work mrinalini!!! how about getting henna to add that link to the sticky once u are done with it? its such a well composed acceptance stats summary and helps all of us see whats happening at the first glance!! thanks!

:clap: :clap:

Hey folks,
I have updated the list, thankyou everyone for sending their stats the list has now grown to 62 admits, however I have still not got the stats of all 62, all those people whose stats are missing , if you'll dont mind please post it or pm me. Hope this list keeps growing!! Next update ..will be put up by next weekend.
Cheers !!
Mrinalini

great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hi mirnalini,

frist i want to thank u for the great job u have put up. and pls check your pm [my score] only one with a 84%:(

Originally posted by rams
and pls check your pm [my score] only one with a 84%:(

I have an 84 on part 1.

hey meggs i know u got a 84% but the good or the bad part in this case is that i am an INDIAN .

Originally posted by rams
hey meggs i know u got a 84% but the good or the bad part in this case is that i am an INDIAN .

I'm laughing out of my chair.... I just read this repply after coming from the diversity thread.....:laugh: :laugh:
(I'm not making fun of you rams, I know how unsecure one feels in this situation).

well meggs i did'nt get when u said'' i'm not making of u ''
but insecure ya one does feel especially in ths competetive feild today ,but even with good stats no one garantees a seat.

I edited it. It was supossed to say "...making fun of you...". Sorry

Howdy folks!!!
Another week passes and its update time. The list has grown to 68 acceptances...I still have some stats missing, would appreciate it if those folks put up their stats. If i've missed anyone, please pm or post it on the thread.I appreciate all the pm's and posts that have helped me in keeping this list updated, thank you and keep it coming.
Cheers:horns:
Mrinalini

....I appreciate all the pm's and posts that have helped me in keeping this list updated, thank you and keep it coming....

To the LURKERS (passive readers) :cool: in this forum:

If you would like to share your info on this document, without loosing your anonimity, maybe you could PM or email nalini and ask her to please post under "anonymus".

Just a thought.....

Hi Mrinalini,
wow ! i agree with everyone,you've done an awesome job!