IDP Compiled Stats 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Henna

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry everyone.. I have been trying to put it up since last night and the site is giving me trouble. It doesnt accept the upload. I am still trying so please look again later..

i apologise for any inconvenience caused:(

Finally!!!! Sorry for the delay guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Stats Missing??????

Auma
Omega
MrJoker
Dram
Green Emerald
Samudsri
Tweety
Rudy Antillana
Foreigndentist
Maxin
dent007
Pearl
Buttersnow
igpenn

:confused: :confused:

It would be really nice if all those named on meggs missing stats list would come out of the closet;) and reveal their stats for the benefit of everyone else. This is a give and take forum, were all helping each other here so if you have been fortunate and have got admission, using peoples advice on this forum, why not give back and return the favour.
This particularly applies to people who have not sent in their stats but continue to ask questions from others on the forum.I know you are not obligated to share your stats, but since you obviously expect others to answer your questions, I think its only fair that you give something back to the forum.:)
If you are worried about anonymity, I dont see the point since all of you are using assumed names.
Ultimately its upto you guys, I cannot force you to do anything, lets hope you'll have a conscience,and do the right thing.I'm sure you'll will !!:D
All my best wishes and prayers are with those wait listed and waiting for acceptances, your time will come have faith and I'm looking forward to adding your names to the list.
Cheers
Mrinalini

Originally posted by mrinalini
would come out of the closet;)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

...I know you are not obligated to share your stats, but since you obviously expect others to answer your questions....
:smuggrin:

. This is a give and take forum, were all helping each other here so if you have been fortunate and have got admission, using peoples advice on this forum, why not give back and return the favour.
This particularly applies to people who have not sent in their stats but continue to ask questions from others on the forum.I know you are not obligated to share your stats, but since you obviously expect others to answer your questions, I think its only fair that you give something back to the forum.:)
If you are worried about anonymity, I dont see the point since all of you are using assumed names.
Ultimately its upto you guys, I cannot force you to do anything, lets hope you'll have a conscience,and do the right thing.I'm sure you'll will !!:D

Mrinalini

You just hit the nerve .

All my best wishes and prayers are with those wait listed and waiting for acceptances, your time will come have faith and I'm looking forward to adding your names to the list.

And hopfuly not taking mine out of it:D .

I respectfully disagree with the OP.
Yes, this forum was made so everyone can help each other but it doesn't mean that you have an obligation to share your stats in a public forum. Calling out on individuals to share their stats is ridiculous. It has nothing to do with conscience, the degree of comfort varies from person to person and if someone wants to share info you are welcome but to pick on others just 'cause they dont feel comfortable sharing their stats in this forum with other anonymous people is puerile.
Please read the Forum etiquette.

Henna

With respect to the moderator, my point was this. This forum is intended as a community where potential applicants can talk and help one another and obtain information. So the more information that is available the better it is for everybody. It was only in this sense that I called on the people to share their statistics. I understand that the forum etiquette says that no one is obligated to share their stats, and I have mentioned it in my post.
My reference to conscience was my personal opinion, and I dont expect everyone to share this opinion, it has not been done to put down anyone. As for picking on people, I havent made a reference to anyone in particular so that question does not arise. I beg to differ with your opinion that this post was puerile. That was uncalled for. Please read the forum etiquette, slamming is also an offence.
Again let me repeat, whether you want to share your stats or not is your personal opinion. I wish to draw a line under this matter now. It doesnt matter one way or the other. The list is big enough already and I hope it is of sufficient help in its present form.Under the circumstances let me thank the people who have been kind enough to share their statistics.
Cheers
Mrinalini

puerile
pu?er?ile ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pyr-l, pyrl, -l)
adj.
Belonging to childhood; juvenile.
Immature; childish. See Synonyms at young.

Dictionary.com

This forum is for people to discuss issues. If you'd like to help someone with info that's wonderful but don't help anyone thinking that the favour should be returned.
I have never really gained much from here as when I got to know of this forum there wasn't many people around who knew of the IDP program but then I tried to share the info with people who needed it, if I had thought about it as " give and take" then things would have been different around here. And I do appreciate the fact that most users browsing this forum share my views as I see many many of them helping others without any expectations.
The pool/users here in this forum is very different from the other forums, the users of this forum are from an entirely different back ground and majority of them take a lot of time before they start to post as they apprehensive and are insecure for various reasons. So it's not a good idea of push and pressurize someone to share info they are uncomfortable with. They dont have to "come out of the closet".
I am not singling anyone out on this, and this is not slamming. I have seen this happen time and again so I just want everyone to know that you will only make others uncomfortable by asking them for their personal info.

And mrinalini, I am not targetting you here. you've done a good job with the stats, I appreciate it . I am sure it'll help many of them in the future. Good luck with your exams.

Hi Henna, I appreciate the spirit of your comments, even though I do not agree with some of your statements.

I understand that people are apprehensive, I was one of them. I have been a member for a long time, but it took me a while to start posting actively.( but now that I've started I'm going to take some stopping, its like opening pandora's box :smuggrin: :D )

I started making the list purely for my own benefit, then I realised that I could help everyone by putting it up on the forum. Believe me I had to overcome a lot of my own apprehensions before posting the list, so I can perfectly understand if someone does not want to post. I dont expect anyone to return any favours I think I have gained enough from the list thanks to people who have kindly shared their stats.

You are right, no one should be forced to reveal any information and I am sorry if I offended anyone by using moral arguments.

However I still stand by my request that anyone who wants to share their stats, purely on a voluntary basis, to benefit future applicants, please continue to do so.

Finally Henna, thank you for your wishes. I need all I can get.:D

ps. I've reached 50 posts since I joined SDN in dec 2002:laugh: Talk about apprehensions:). Half a century and more to come:D

..... Believe me I had to overcome a lot of my own apprehensions before posting the list, .........

Why? This is the greatest thing you could have done for this forum and the most useful thing it could have happened in this forum. And I don't see how could it be negative for any one. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow guys, so many words about meaningless numbers. But other threads are great, thanks for information about the loans,it's really helpful.
NDBE 1-91
NDBE 2-89
TOEFL -277
Got accepted to UPenn and UCSF and going to UPenn.

Originally posted by igpenn
Wow guys, so many words about meaningless numbers.

Dont we all wish...:D
Thanks igpenn for those numbers.:D

Originally posted by Henna
I respectfully disagree with the OP.
Yes, this forum was made so everyone can help each other but it doesn't mean that you have an obligation to share your stats in a public forum. to share their sCalling out on individuals tats is ridiculous. It has nothing to do with conscience, the degree of comfort varies from person to person and if someone wants to share info you are welcome but to pick on others just 'cause they dont feel comfortable sharing their stats in this forum with other anonymous people is puerile.
Please read the Forum etiquette.

Henna
well...... thats certainly a bad way of putting the things.......its not ridiculous.......well we do owe it to each other......the forum is mutual co-operation.......sweet will is one thing but then that leaves a big question mark to should i share what i know (for everyone......)

b/w hi mrilani........great job .......keep it up.......

Originally posted by meetlife

b/w hi mrilani........great job .......keep it up.......

Thank you meetlife
I really havent done much, but its nice to be appreciated :) :horns:
I need to get back to my books....and hopefully stay there, SDN is my biggest distraction ( apart from my hubby;) ) I think i should just+pissed+. May be that will work:D

hey mrinalni ,
great job.:clap: :clap:
all the best for ur exam.

hi mrinalini,
Great job!!! I understand this takes a lot of work....keep up the good work!!!:clap:
This sure helps people like us who are waiting to hear from schools.Just for the record, sharing with others or not depends solely on one's own choice but then... thats what SDN is all about isn't it....HELPING each other.
BTW Good luck for your exams mrinalini.:thumbup:

Hi mrinalini,

I wait till the weekend to see whether anyone accepted have my stats and ete etc.
Ur work is awesome and very helpfull.
I wish u the best for ur exams....
regards...krishna.:clap:

Hi mrinalini,
Good job:clap: I deeply appreciate the amazing work you did....it really helps the future applicants to get an idea of the stats required to get into various adv standing programmes:idea:.
I guess you are preparing for MFDS(I assume that's the one they take in London:confused: )......Good luck:)

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:) aww shucks thanks guys

Originally posted by wiztooth

I guess you are preparing for MFDS(I assume that's the one they take in London:confused: )......Good luck:)

Hi wiztooth,
:) MFDS and IQE part A. Its a long..story..:D. If i start explaining licensing procedures in the UK we'll have to start a new thread. I need all your wishes, these exams are very tough...and i need a miracle to clear them all.:)
cheers!!
Mrinalini

Hi mrinalini
kudos to u. thanks a lot:clap:
here my stats goes ndbe 89, toefl 257, GPA:( 2.82
i am in the wait list in upenn +pity+ n got accepted in NYU:D
i am sorry for the late reply as i was not having an access to computer for a while.
all the best with ur exams
:thumbup:

tweety:love:

Hi tweety,
Thank you so much for your wishes. I read your previous post, and I think you were apprehensive about sharing your score, I apologise if my post offended you. There are a lot of people out there with low gpa's who will be a bit more heartened on seeing your name and stats on the acceptance list.Your going to give them a little hope.
Thank you so much for sharing your score.Congratulations on your acceptance to NYU, and I'll keep my fingers crossed, for UPenn:).
Take care
Mrinalini

all the VV best mrinalini,

i know u get past papaers for IQE, but have they started to give out past papers for MFDS??

had a tough when i took mine!!

u hang in there i m SURE u'll do well.

smiledentist

hey mrinalini
thank you n ur welcome. :)
i was really not apprehensive but dint feel it was required but after i read the 2004 stats made by u n saw my stats missing i felt that i should put it up:p
dont worry i dont think ur post was offending
u did a great job so dont be hurt that u offended someone
u deserve some of this:clap: :clap:
tweety:)

I need all your wishes, these exams are very tough...and i need a miracle to clear them all.:)
cheers!!
Mrinalini

Hey Mrinalini... :)

We all wish you all the luck in the world... you're gonna do ABSOLUTELY great!!! :)

Tasha

Hi guys,

NBD1 89
Toefel 260
GPA 3.43

Accepted at NYU
Waitlisted at BU

Good luck,
Nidhi

nalini
Glad to see that you and I were not the only ones thinking alike in this forum. You got all the support you needed to keep going! :cool:

If i start explaining licensing procedures in the UK we'll have to start a new thread. I need all your wishes, these exams are very tough...and i need a miracle to clear them all.:)
Hi mrinalini,
Yeah that sounds like a good idea...when u've some free time u can attach some link regarding those in the sticky thread,it'll be useful for those interested in them....jus my 2 cents:)(but am no way planning to take them.....already sticked on to ndb :D )
All our hearty wishes will be with you n u'll clear them all:clap: GOOD LUCK:thumbup:

hey mrinalini,

that is an EXTREEEEEEEMELY cute icon u have chosen for urself!!

smiledentist

lolol yeah isnt she adorable:D

Hi mrinalini,
I second smile dentist:)
He is soooooo..cute:D

Hi pinktooth,
You can find nice stuff at www.avatarity.com :D. Theres some cute stuff there, make sure the avatar size is 50 x 50 or less.
:)
cheers!!
Mrinalini

thanx mrinalini,

i'll defy look up the site u mentioned for avatars!!

smiledentist

hi mrinalini ,
i got to know this site only now ,if my stats help anyone i am glad to share with u all .so ,here r my stats .............
nbd 1- 92
gpa - 3.72
toefl - 260
i got accepted at NYU and BU
and i have decided to join BU.

good luck for ur exams:thumbup:

Hi dr redd..
Welcome:clap:
Could you please tell me when you were interviewed and when did you get your acceptance letter..Thanks.

Hey mrinalini,
can't find the attachment:confused: :confused:

Hi doc_red, Thank you for the stats, and congratulations on your acceptance.

Hi Pinktooth, I've removed it and put it up the updated list on the March 12'th Update thread, its the thread where the averages are up too.

Hi Smiledentist, Nice garfield:)

garfield's my fav!! :D

thanx to u i got him from the avatar u site u mentioned!!

smiledentist