IDs for DAT exam at Prometric

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ceraaadin

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prometric says
  1. I am bringing two original, current (not expired) forms of identification (ID) to the testing center:
    • One government issued ID, with my photograph and signature (e.g. driver license or passport)
    • One ID with my signature (e.g. social security card, credit card, debit card, library card

The problem is I have my hyphenated first name, and my name on debit card or passport or social security card is all different (some with hyphens, others don't somehow. I just found out). When I registered I used hyphenated first name, so the only IDs with that corresponding name are the driver license and passport. Is it okay to bring two government issued IDs on the exam day (instead of 1 government issued ID and 1 ID such as SSC or credit card?)? Has anyone brought those two and took the exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would imagine that since both your driver's license and passport have signatures, they can be used. If anything, two government IDs with photos would provide stronger identification than 1 government ID and a credit card with signature. If you're concerned, you can always call the center that you'll be testing it to verify that bringing in 2 government issued IDs will suffice for verification.

Prometric says
  1. I am bringing two original, current (not expired) forms of identification (ID) to the testing center:
    • One government issued ID, with my photograph and signature (e.g. driver license or passport)
    • One ID with my signature (e.g. social security card, credit card, debit card, library card

The problem is I have my hyphenated first name, and my name on debit card or passport or social security card is all different (some with hyphens, others don't somehow. I just found out). When I registered I used hyphenated first name, so the only IDs with that corresponding name are the driver license and passport. Is it okay to bring two government issued IDs on the exam day (instead of 1 government issued ID and 1 ID such as SSC or credit card?)? Has anyone brought those two and took the exam?

Yes, 2 government IDs exceeds the requirement. You are fine.