If a PT Program Does Not Require GRE Scores....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasmine689

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
...should I still send the scores to the program?

NYU's PT program is the only school I am applying to that does not require GRE scores.
I took the old GRE this month and received:
Verbal- 560
Quantitative- 690
Writing- Unknown
Total- 1250

Thanks.

*also my GPA is only like a 3.29

Members don't see this ad.

If they don't require it, why send it?

Are you hoping that, even though they don't require the GRE, that they will see your score and perhaps have a more favorable view of your application?

1. I moved this to the pre-PT forum.

2. NYU is done through PTCAS, so they'll theoretically see your scores on that application since PTCAS sends it out. I wouldn't send a score report though. First off, it'll cost you an extra $20 or whatever it does to send scores, and I'd rather use that money to buy food :p

Does NYU say it's optional or do they imply that GRE won't make a difference (some schools say they won't even look at the GRE)? Does it give any average score for applicants/entering students on the NYU info page? If it looks like NYU doesn't look at scores at all, don't waste your money sending scores. Not to sound discouraging, but while you have legit, solid scores, they seem to be just around what most other strong applicants have from what I've seen (give or take a few points), so if you're thinking it might edge you in one direction, it might not actually do that (if you had gotten a 650+ in verbal, well over 700 in quantitative, and at least a 5 in writing, then maybe).

You seem like you might be a well-rounded applicant though with those scores, so let your applicant speak for itself. Make sure other areas are strong enough that your GRE won't be the best part of your app.

Hope that helps? This is just my opinion, of course. Take it as you will :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to NYU Physical Therapy's website. It clearly indicates that the GRE is required for the DPT program.

Ahh sorry! I think I clicked on an MA for physical therapy at NYU or something....
My bad, to anyone who was confused by this thread, NYU's institution code is 2556...
I posted here because I thought there was something wrong with that...well it was my first post, and I'm glad I was corrected!:oops: