If AMCAS does find errors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Requip

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If AMCAS does find errors, do you get put at the end of the line to have them re-verify after fixing it?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so, they changed all my AP grades from what it said on my transcrip to their letter system, and changed a course I had listed as 0 credits to 1 credit, and i got verrified in 4 days. It seems to me like they just fix it as they go along, but that's just a guess. I wouldn't worry about it.

If its just a few things (or one thing on a line or whatever), then they change them for you and put an X next to that line. / Means the line was verified with no changes.
You only get it back to fix if it is really, really, really wrong. Wrong all over. And then you go to the back of the line. But that is a rare case.

not a mistake, but there was a hold-up during my review that seems to have put me back at the bottom of the pile.

there was confusion over my transcript submission requirements for a particular school. after two weeks of getting on and off the phone with them and my registrar it turned out to be an oversight on their part. i'm now back to being "ready for review" for several days now.

one sucky thing about the review process is that the managers basically told the call-takers what to do in my case, but they wouldn't let me just talk directly to a manager.

argh.