If Committee letters don't get sent till August, what's the point of submitting AMCAS in June?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chilli17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have heard its recommended one submit their AMCAS app in June, but if one's committee letter is not going to be complete till mid-August is there still any point in submitting early?

Members don't see this ad.

I would assume getting everything verified would help. Also, sending primaries and receiving secondaries and filling them out earlier. If I remember correctly, schools will send you secondaries and allow you to submit, but won't review until all of your materials are in.

You are correct that submitting June vs July makes no real difference if your committee letter is going to take longer than verification. I had some frustrated friends that worked hard to submit early June only to be waiting for weeks past verification for their letters to be sent.

But, verification starts to take more than a month right about now, so submit ASAP if you're expecting your letter to be sent in during mid-August.