If DAT asks a fact in biology that rarely happens or has an exception to, how will you answer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Study4D8T

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If real DAT asks you about a question in biology that involves a fact that rarely happens or has an exception that is far beyond the scope of undergraduate level, will you choose the answer that is widely known or the exception?

I wish I can post the question to clarify but it was asked in the past real DAT so I just had to make it very vague. Sorry. I assumed the questions were made before such new research results has been published.

Members don't see this ad.

If real DAT asks you about a question in biology that involves a fact that rarely happens or has an exception that is far beyond the scope of undergraduate level, will you choose the answer that is widely known or the exception?

I wish I can post the question to clarify but it was asked in the past real DAT so I just had to make it very vague. Sorry. I assumed the questions were made before such new research results has been published.

From what i've read, the writers of the DAT work hard to avoid vague questions like that so that there's never room for arguing about your scores . I would choose widely known

Reactions: 2 users

DAT question are clear and you will not have ines like that. I have heared tha MCAT can be tricky but not DAT

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Worse case, process of elimination. Cross off what you DO KNOW IS NOT THE ANSWER and go from there.

Hey man, I know what you mean and I think I might have actually encountered this just now in destroyer.

The destroyer states that fatty acids CANNOT be converted into glucose (which is almost always true). However, my biochem prof told me that odd numbered fatty acids actually get broken down into propionyl COA, which can then feed into gluconeogenesis etc.

Anyone know if what my prof said is true? The internet seems to support it.

Hey man, I know what you mean and I think I might have actually encountered this just now in destroyer.

The destroyer states that fatty acids CANNOT be converted into glucose (which is almost always true). However, my biochem prof told me that odd numbered fatty acids actually get broken down into propionyl COA, which can then feed into gluconeogenesis etc.

Anyone know if what my prof said is true? The internet seems to support it.
For the purposes of this exam, listen to Destroyer. That's beyond its scope.