If DAT asks a fact in biology that rarely happens or has an exception to, how will you answer?

Study4D8T

5+ Year Member
May 27, 2014
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Status
Pre-Dental
If real DAT asks you about a question in biology that involves a fact that rarely happens or has an exception that is far beyond the scope of undergraduate level, will you choose the answer that is widely known or the exception?

I wish I can post the question to clarify but it was asked in the past real DAT so I just had to make it very vague. Sorry. I assumed the questions were made before such new research results has been published.

Charles_Darwin

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
If real DAT asks you about a question in biology that involves a fact that rarely happens or has an exception that is far beyond the scope of undergraduate level, will you choose the answer that is widely known or the exception?

I wish I can post the question to clarify but it was asked in the past real DAT so I just had to make it very vague. Sorry. I assumed the questions were made before such new research results has been published.
From what i've read, the writers of the DAT work hard to avoid vague questions like that so that there's never room for arguing about your scores . I would choose widely known

Jul 23, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental

DAT question are clear and you will not have ines like that. I have heared tha MCAT can be tricky but not DAT

Reactions: orgoman22

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
From what i've read, the writers of the DAT work hard to avoid vague questions like that so that there's never room for arguing about your scores . I would choose widely known
I agree!

Tabasom2012

Future Dr. Dental Superwoman!
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Worse case, process of elimination. Cross off what you DO KNOW IS NOT THE ANSWER and go from there.

Reactions: orgoman22

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student

asdf99

2+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hey man, I know what you mean and I think I might have actually encountered this just now in destroyer.

The destroyer states that fatty acids CANNOT be converted into glucose (which is almost always true). However, my biochem prof told me that odd numbered fatty acids actually get broken down into propionyl COA, which can then feed into gluconeogenesis etc.

Anyone know if what my prof said is true? The internet seems to support it.

JLT223

Dental Student
2+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Hey man, I know what you mean and I think I might have actually encountered this just now in destroyer.

The destroyer states that fatty acids CANNOT be converted into glucose (which is almost always true). However, my biochem prof told me that odd numbered fatty acids actually get broken down into propionyl COA, which can then feed into gluconeogenesis etc.

Anyone know if what my prof said is true? The internet seems to support it.
For the purposes of this exam, listen to Destroyer. That's beyond its scope.

Reactions: Study4D8T