1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

If not accepted this year,what happens to...?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Amy B, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    We have a pre-med committee at our school. They have written a school wide letter for us and they handle all the paperwork, including holding our rec letters and sending everything to any school we get secondaries from.

My question is.... If we aren't accepted this year what happens to our reccomendation letters? Are they kept till next year and then sent? Or do we have to get new ones?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You should ask them.... The reason I say this is that each school has different procedures. Some schools will keep them open for a certain amount of time without fee payment and others you have to pay a certain fee.... SO go ask them.... They'll know because they are the ones that keep the file.

4. Barton

Barton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

My school (University of Wisconsin) keeps the letters on file for at least 7 years after you graduate.

5. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My school keeps last year's letter on file, but they write a new one if you reapply. They encourage you to send in updates and in most cases (at my school), they'll write a new one.

6. jintonic5

jintonic5 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

slight tangent:
    i'm not applying until the summer after graduation, so should i go to the premed committee my last semester at school, or go the standard route, spring semester of junior year? I'd like to wait a bit until i can get to know more professors- i go to a huge school, and didn't really get to know anyone my first two years. advice?