If you applied early June...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predental6694

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
And haven’t heard back from a school that has already sent out invites is it safe to assume you won’t receive one?

Members don't see this ad.

No, it's way too early. Pre-december interview invites are extended into November. Most schools don't fill up their seats in December. You can interview in December, January, or even February and be successful.

Reactions: 2 users
please relax
it's along cycle
as long as you haven't received a rejection, you are still under consideration

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
And haven’t heard back from a school that has already sent out invites is it safe to assume you won’t receive one?

Ive seen interview invites into March-April (primarily private schools) and acceptances in May. The order of invites is unpredictable and I'm sure the interview invites given at this point in the cycle were less than 25% of the total invites that will be extended.

please relax
it's along cycle
as long as you haven't received a rejection, you are still under consideration

Very true, I know people who receive an interview and don't hear back until a week before the program start date. Literally if you have not heard back, then you are still under consideration.

Speaking with several dental school admissions office, they likely have just started reviewing the applications around mid-July.

They specifically told me that they are too busy trying to have the Class of 2023 start through the summer, so the review of applications really dont happpen until mid/late July.

This obviously depends on schools, so dont freak out and keep carrying on with your life!

Good luck!