If you could go ANYWHERE...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willthatsall

Unretired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's just say you were accepted to every med school in America, full-ride and everything. Which one would you pick? I think I would pick Harvard. Just so I could say, "Yeah, I go to this little school up in the northeast. Yeah, you might have heard of it, I'm not sure. It's called HAAAHHVAAHHHD!!!" What about you?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say Ross but you said any school in America. :thumbup:

In the land of dreams, I'd like to hear my name being mentioned in the same breath as Harvard...oh, what a sound it would be!;)

However, I really would pick MSSM in NYC. That's my real dream school:love: :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Drew/UCLA Medical Education Program is my dream school and first choice!!!! :D :clap:

Originally posted by willthatsall
Let's just say you were accepted to every med school in America, full-ride and everything. Which one would you pick? I think I would pick Harvard. Just so I could say, "Yeah, I go to this little school up in the northeast. Yeah, you might have heard of it, I'm not sure. It's called HAAAHHVAAHHHD!!!" What about you?

Miami

How about the University of California San Francisco!

I wouldn't mind going to med school in the south of france.

whoever doesn't choose UCLA is craaazy!

many other med schools are better, but how many can beat the location?

case closed!!

:cool:

If i could go anywhere I'd pick Geffen. Best medical school in Southern California.

Yup, exactly, Harvard. Just so you could drop the "H-bomb," as the OP already mentioned. :)

Originally posted by Deuteronomy
whoever doesn't choose UCLA is craaazy!

many other med schools are better, but how many can beat the location?

case closed!!

:cool:

Not Hawaii? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by crazy250
Stanford!

Yeah, I think that might be my second choice because I've heard so much great stuff about the location and the school. But then I just think about how much I would love to be just talking to someone and just subtly mention, "yeah, I would love to talk longer, but I really have to run because I have some studying to do. Yeah I've had a lot of studying to do lately. Hey, I guess that's what I get for going to Harvard med school, right?" It would be so immature, but yet so fun.

Yeah, I think that might be my second choice because I've heard so much great stuff about the location and the school. But then I just think about how much I would love to be just talking to someone and just subtly mention, "yeah, I would love to talk longer, but I really have to run because I have some studying to do. Yeah I've had a lot of studying to do lately. Hey, I guess that's what I get for going to Harvard med school, right?" It would be so immature, but yet so fun.

soon after, a deserved fist would come flying towards your face.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by exmike
soon after, a deserved fist would come flying towards your face.

Haha, did I mention that I would make that statement using my best Eric Cartman voice?

even if i had this special choice, id still pick from my original list (no order): ucla, usc, drew/ucla, and/or uc-irvine. those will always be my dream schools. :love:

whenever I think of the best medical school/complex in the country, I think of Hopkins and not Harvard...just a weird quirk i guess. that said, I'd probably pick Yale or Umich! :D

Originally posted by SoulRFlare
whenever I think of the best medical school/complex in the country, I think of Hopkins and not Harvard...

Same. I love Hopkins :D It's definitely my dream school.

Harvard, because among others, Paul Farmer, Byron Good, Nancy Krieger, and Arthur Kleinman are there, you CAN'T beat that...

Making dual degree plans..

Sachin

Originally posted by SachinG
Harvard, because among others, Paul Farmer, Byron Good, Nancy Krieger, and Arthur Kleinman are there, you CAN'T beat that...

Making dual degree plans..

Sachin

ooh another med anthro person!

i applied to harvard for the same reason... although i knew i had no chance.

penn was my dream school, and still is. it doesnt have quite the same name as harvard or hopkins, but in the medical community, i think it's 3rd right after those two (and maybe columbia). ill be at penn next fall, anyone else with me??:clap:

LOL !!!!

GWU definitely! :thumbup: And I'm not just saying that to save face cuz that's the only school that accepted my sorry a$$.

If I could go anywhere it would be Cornell, Sinai, NYU, or Columbia. :(

It's interesting to me that people are always wishing they went to Harvard so that they could casually drop the H-bomb in conversation :)

The students I know who went to Harvard are pretty low-key about the fact that they studied there.

As a grad from another ivy league school, I can tell you that there are stupid and smart, rich and poor, etc. at all schools, including Harvard. Not everyone at these schools are amazing....when it comes down to it, they are people just like everyone else.

Originally posted by Pinkertinkle
How about the University of California San Francisco!

same here!!! :love: UCSF

Hopkins has always been my dream, but I didn't get an interview there.

Columbia/Cornell will be next.

It's your dream to live in Baltimore? ah... I'm biased against the place. :(

UCSD baby! Southern California....mmm.... :)

columbia all the way

Originally posted by BaseballFan
It's interesting to me that people are always wishing they went to Harvard so that they could casually drop the H-bomb in conversation :)

The students I know who went to Harvard are pretty low-key about the fact that they studied there.

As a grad from another ivy league school, I can tell you that there are stupid and smart, rich and poor, etc. at all schools, including Harvard. Not everyone at these schools are amazing....when it comes down to it, they are people just like everyone else.

Yeah, and of course if I was actually at Harvard I would never do that because it would make me the biggest loser in the world. But since I'm not at Harvard, it's fun for me to think about.

surprise surprise....USC would be my pick....

Originally posted by spaz
ooh another med anthro person!

i applied to harvard for the same reason... although i knew i had no chance.

Yup yup, you know it! I'm planning to do a PhD or MA later in med anthro at some point

Originally posted by Mr Reddly
It's your dream to live in Baltimore? ah... I'm biased against the place. :(

I was born there !:D

I would say Weill Cornell is my top choice with Harvard being a close second.

As someone earlier mentioned, the med anthro program at Harvard really grabbed my attention, although I didn't want to return to Cambridge and felt Cornell would provide a similar caliber education with an attractive change of scenery.

quick clarification: the med school at harvard isn't next to the undergrad campus in cambridge, it's in the longwood part of boston.

still, doesn't negate the change of scenary argument too much (boston or nyc).

I'd go to HMS or Hopkins but who am I to say? Im just a silly freshie.

periodic

you're right bro... slipped my mind.

Nonetheless... let's say my experience at HU left much to be desired.

Yale...without a doubt

UCSD, Georgetown, or a nice little medical school in Tuscany (hmmm Chianti)!

hopkins for sure.
soon to be overtaken by columbia. but perhaps that's the rejection talking?

(though i didn't apply or interview at any cali school and i'm sure the weather could make up for a lot. i've spent too much time living through boston winters to deal with harvard. not to mention some of the other negatives....which i'm sure the name might also compensate for, come to think of it!)