if you could only use one study...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoodleehoo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm working on my masters and am creating a basic outline of certain topics with references. It helps me keep all the information straight and gives me a solid big picture understanding. Kind of hard to explain, but regardless, I'm kind of stuck. There is so much research pointing to the fact that we are "designed" primarily to be social creatures, to create small groups to help us survive.

I'm struggling to choose just a small handful of studies to "prove" this theory. There's like a million studies that when taken together paint a really clear picture, but isolated don't seem all that convincing. Which study(ies) would you suggest I include? If you had to "prove" to someone that we were made primarily to be social and create small groups, and you could only use one study, what would you choose?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm working on my masters and am creating a basic outline of certain topics with references. It helps me keep all the information straight and gives me a solid big picture understanding. Kind of hard to explain, but regardless, I'm kind of stuck. There is so much research pointing to the fact that we are "designed" primarily to be social creatures, to create small groups to help us survive.

I'm struggling to choose just a small handful of studies to "prove" this theory. There's like a million studies that when taken together paint a really clear picture, but isolated don't seem all that convincing. Which study(ies) would you suggest I include? If you had to "prove" to someone that we were made primarily to be social and create small groups, and you could only use one study, what would you choose?
Why would you need to pick one study? Theses are supposed to contain a comprehensive literature review.

We don't definitively prove things in social science. We find evidence supporting a hypothesis/theory. Also, this is part of the growing process for the masters project, you have to find some way to organize that work into a coherent introduction.

Reactions: 1 user