If you could take one thing with you to Medical School, what would it be??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuddlyKumquat

simply scrumpcious
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My mom. HA ;)

Members don't see this ad.

I really want to get a dog for med school, but i'm waiting to see what my future housing situation looks like

Reactions: 2 users
8 hours of sleep a night. And a full scholarship.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My optimism and love for having fun, dancing, and hitting on the hottest girls.

I thought we were talking physical objects, not emotions like humor and sadness.

If we are talking physical objects..........

I'd get a cat. :laugh: :laugh:

Either that, or I'd want a piano where I live, cuz I love playing and it would be stress relief. :D

i guess i'll take my bed. sleeping on the floor sucks.

I'd bring an acceptance letter - just stopping by the school without one would be no fun.

Flopotomist said:
I'd bring an acceptance letter - just stopping by the school without one would be no fun.

:laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

whoever said getting a dog....i just got a puppy while in undergrad he is more stressful than my 4 month old daughter!

if i had to chose it would be my wife, daughter, cat, dog, and possibly 2nd kid, but they will come anyway so I would say a really comfortable recliner. probably would be spending a lot of time there!

2ndary poop hotdog (you know after the first one was eaten and you got into your first choice med. school)

Members don't see this ad :)
My interest in politics. I would hate to lose this interest while becoming overly focused on medicine.

SanDiegoSOD said:
My interest in politics. I would hate to lose this interest while becoming overly focused on medicine.
\

Dude this is not an interview.

"I would take my compassion for others and sense of leadership that I have gained through being a member of a fraternity"

just jokes.

I'd bring Floptomist with me to UCSF.

bong, bong bong bong bonnnng!!

i mean... my GlennFiddich and Napa Valley wines

prana_md said:
I'd bring Floptomist with me to UCSF.
(OK OK, I confess, this is what happens when you leave yourself signed in in an office with two people applying at the same time lol)

My long-distance/long-term/not-of-this-country boyfriend. :(

<----- My hedgehog!!!

Ok, and my wife :)

ipod. hands down.
-mota

adriana lima

or 151

I want my fiance to come along, but chances are we'll end up on separate coasts.

Moto said:
I want my fiance to come along, but chances are we'll end up on separate coasts.

moto's fiance.
-mota

jk

DaMota said:
moto's fiance.
-mota

jk

Well, well! We meet again.....MOTA..... Yes, MY FIANCE, keep your hands off and get your own!
~MOTO

daisy958 said:
my kitty!

I think we found a winner!!!!! I was thinking a cat would be my way to go as well. :D

Hi there,
I took my thick sweatshirt every day. The classrooms are chilly in the fall and in the winter. I dressed in layers everyday and either peeled them off or put more on. They never seemed to get the temperature right even though we were in a very new building.

The other things I took were my two beagles Jack and Jill. They provided exercise and companionship and were content to sleep on my feet while I studied. They also barked and kept my apartment from being broken into. Both my neighbors were robbed but Jack and Jill were good guard dogs.

njbmd :)

I'd like to take a Sugar Daddy!!! Someone to pay my rent, buy me nice clothes, and do my laundry!!! Do I have to wait 'til medical school, though?! :p

chocolate...extra dark chocolate (like 80-90%)

really comfortable bedding, a Starbucks gift card, and new gadgets (my acceptance gifts to myself will be a new laptop and an ipod).

Definitely my Cali buds.

Hermit MMood said:
2ndary poop hotdog (you know after the first one was eaten and you got into your first choice med. school)

Brilliant...

and along with Bluntman....buds

my guitar & ipod

3 lbs of Chronic

Boston Globe 2004 Playoff Edition (14 game postseason coverage)

A big downpayment on one of the super expensive houses in the area.

Asherlauph said:
I'd like to take a Sugar Daddy!!! Someone to pay my rent, buy me nice clothes, and do my laundry!!! Do I have to wait 'til medical school, though?! :p

Now there's a thought. ;) ;)

The pet rat I'm planning to buy soon...the biggest one I can find

My long-distance/long-term/not-of-this-country boyfriend. :(
I have a boyfriend that is two of those things (long distance and long term), so I feel you there. :'( LDR is difficult, and I hope both of ours work out. :)

To answer the question, assuming we mean things and not people (because otherwise, I, too, would bring my long-distance, long-term boyfriend–who's coming anyway :D ) I would bring my trumpet. I don't know what I'd do without it–there'd be a hole in my life that can only be filled by playing trumpet.

I don't know why some people talk about dogs as if they can't be brought with you to med school... I have a 3 y/o 14 pound dog I adopted over the summer that I intend to bring with me.