If you couldn't do optometry, then what would you be doing?

Started by JeffChou
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JeffChou

Your mom goes to college
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Title says it all.

I'd imagine something in business or real estate for me.
What about everyone else? any regrets or second thoughts?
 
Orchestra teacher, science teacher, high school or college counselor, or something to do with microbiology.

For a while, I had a really hard time trying to figure out what I wanted to do because there are things I enjoy in a variety of areas.

1st year I had second thoughts, but I was on an Rx that made me depressed. Once I stopped that, I started liking where I was. Now I'm still happy I chose optometry. Music at least can always be a hobby.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Title says it all.

I'd imagine something in business or real estate for me.
What about everyone else? any regrets or second thoughts?

I am a happy optometrist -but if I had to choose something else, I really enjoyed chemistry in undergrad (general more than organic)...I think I would have become a general chemistry professor.😎
 
Sometimes I still wonder what it would have been like to take the MD route...I know that I can take on med school, but to take on another couple of years of residency is the question...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad