You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Three resources:What are the top 3 resources for step 1? Currently an M2 and just want to spend my time focusing on studying with the least amount of resources.
also, is the bro or yousmle deck better?
-USMLE World
-First Aid
-Pathoma
In other words: UFAP.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whether right or wrong, you are going to get basically all the same response of UWorld, First Aid and Pathoma. That seems to be the gold standard.
I think sketchy is the best money you'll spend. Then UFAP, but I used the bros Anki deck over first aid really. Also I think it's necessary to odo a second qbank along with your classes, I used Kaplan and it was pretty good.
So while I agree with your idea of limiting resources I don't think just 3 is enough at least for the entirety of 2nd year. Though I think saving uworld till Jan or so is good.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So while I agree with your idea of limiting resources I don't think just 3 is enough at least for the entirety of 2nd year. Though I think saving uworld till Jan or so is good.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I think sketchy is the best money you'll spend. Then UFAP, but I used the bros Anki deck over first aid really. Also I think it's necessary to odo a second qbank along with your classes, I used Kaplan and it was pretty good.
So while I agree with your idea of limiting resources I don't think just 3 is enough at least for the entirety of 2nd year. Though I think saving uworld till Jan or so is good.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
agree with this. I think UFAP + sketchy (BOTH micro and pharm, pharm is long but commit to it early) are all invaluable. personally pathoma and sketchy carried me well all year and on Step 1, and are continuing to serve me well on the wards. I also did BRS physiology during school and dedicated and found it useful.
FA + Uworld + B&B (much better than pathoma imo)
I hate reading FA. So I do BB, pathoma, Bros (now switching to Zanki), and sketchy. I use cram fighter to keep it organized. In order of importance as far as value I would rate it. 1) Cram fighter 2) BB 3) Bros/Zanki 4) Pathoma/Sketchy
Boards and Beyond will be added to UFAP as it gains traction because it really is better than pathoma IMO and I use both daily
Boards and Beyond will be added to UFAP as it gains traction because it really is better than pathoma IMO and I use both daily
FA + Uworld + B&B (much better than pathoma imo)
I never used BB as it had only just started to come out when I had to take Step 1. But what I saw was definitely impressive. However, I thought BB wasn't strictly pathology (like Pathoma obviously is) but much more comprehensive. Are you guys saying BB does pathology better than even Pathoma? If so, that's great news.I hate reading FA. So I do BB, pathoma, Bros (now switching to Zanki), and sketchy. I use cram fighter to keep it organized. In order of importance as far as value I would rate it. 1) Cram fighter 2) BB 3) Bros/Zanki 4) Pathoma/Sketchy
Boards and Beyond will be added to UFAP as it gains traction because it really is better than pathoma IMO and I use both daily
I didn't really like pathoma that much - maybe the first 3 chapters were OK for the basic science stuff of inflammation/cancer, but the rest of the pathology was, IMO, much too basic for step1. B&B made more clinical correlations than pathoma did and did a much better job presenting pertinent information like you'll see on the exam.I never used BB as it had only just started to come out when I had to take Step 1. But what I saw was definitely impressive. However, I thought BB wasn't strictly pathology (like Pathoma obviously is) but much more comprehensive. Are you guys saying BB does pathology better than even Pathoma? If so, that's great news.
Completely agree. I took Step 1 a while back. I did very well. All I used was FA + UW + Google for whatever I wanted to know more about or didn't know, which often landed me on Wiki.Uworld, FA, Wiki for me. Haven't done Bros or other Anki decks.
I also think U-World, First Aid and Boards and Beyond. I'd also use Sketchy micro. These at minimum.
I didn't find out about B&B until halfway into 2nd year, I still used pathoma for each block and I'd still use it at least once, but the last ~4 months before my test I focused mainly on using B&B. I would do both but if I had to pick one I think I'd pick B&BAs someone who was considering purchasing pathoma soon, would love to hear more anecdotes about pathoma vs BB for path
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As someone who was considering purchasing pathoma soon, would love to hear more anecdotes about pathoma vs BB for path
Really surprised to see these thoughts in this thread. After hearing about it for so long, I actually ended up thinking Pathoma was very subpar and not sufficient enough in detail to be all that useful, with the exception of a couple chapters. With that said, it's probably still good enough to get a review in. B&B goes very faster over his topics in comparison, but I ended up just using both of them.
It depends how your school does your blocks but Pathoma would've been irrelevant for me during 1st year because I was just doing basic sciences all of first year and it wouldn't be applicable. I would use B&B from M1 year because it covers everything (except pure anatomy). I would use Sketchy whenever you are doing micro and I did that during 1st year too!@Waterlover @Rekt All of the M2s at my school have recommended using pathoma/sketchy alongside our M1 blocks. If you were to go back would you use Pathoma or BB as an M1 or both?
As someone who was considering purchasing pathoma soon, would love to hear more anecdotes about pathoma vs BB for path
I still think Pathoma videos are a staple resource which may or may not be available on the internet. Helps so much with a big picture understanding. I didn't really use the book at all. B and B is pretty good but I used it more in dedicated for focused topics I didn't feel as strong in. I think that's a good way to use it personally and saves money.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 548
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 183