If you have physics questions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KD1655

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

I ahve noticed that the majority of questions posted on this forum are physics related in one way or another. I am currently a PhD student studying Materials Science and Engineering (essentially a mesh of physics/chemisty/engineering) at a research university in New Jersey. I currently teach high school-level physics as part of a NSF fellowship and I have previously taught college-level physics courses as a teaching assistant My advisor (an assistant professor of physics) is setting up a specifics biophysics major (it was previously only offered as a concentration within the physics department). She is hoping to attract pre-med students to the program and is very interested in the MCAT. We have looked at the test topics for the MCAT and realized that almost all of the topics in the science sections (except for a couple of hardcore bio questions) are covered in the different physics courses required for the physic/biophysics majors. Since I am planning on heading to medical school after finishing my PhD research, I am also very interested in the MCAT. To that end, if anybody has concept-specific questions or problem-specific questions, please feel free to contact me via email at [email protected] I will do my best to answer you questions and send you back a solution in a timely manner; if I can't answer it, I will approach my thesis advisor (if she can't answer it then it has no business being on the MCAT). I would prefer to receive questions based on practice test problems or problems from review material. I think that it is rediculous to pay ~$2000 for a professional review course to get your questions answered. Furthermore, I know that not everybody can afford such a course and I don't think that being a doctor should be based on your ability to pay for a review course to do well on the MCAT. I really am fundamentally against the Kaplan/Princeton review courses for not only the MCAT but for other standardized tests such as the SAT. Therefore, I want to use some of my knowledge and "do my part" to help you guys out without having to shell out two grand. A secondary benefit is that by answering your questions, I will be indirectly studying for my own MCAT attempt sometime down the road. While I would prefer you ask me physic questions, feel free to send me biology questions as well; I did my undergrad in biomedical engineering with a minor of biology and my co-advisor is a biology professor so if I don't know it, I can approach him. Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Members don't see this ad.

In the interest of the community, I'd ask questions be posted and answered on the board. PM'ing and directing you to the question from there would be best. That way, all future MCATee's get to see what's up. Thanks for the added assistance, I'm sure many will take you up on your offer :)