If you think kids are nasty, post here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medicalCPA

Actually, it's medicalCPA, MD, PhD now
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After seeing the back-and-forth arguments in the off-topic thread, I think it may be a good idea to have a thread dealing with the nastiness or otherwise of kids, as well as whether having kids reconfigure your brain the same way crack does. That way the off-topic thread can go back to being a truly off-topic thread.

(Not naming names, but *cough* WVU and meister *cough* *cough*)
 
After seeing the back-and-forth arguments in the off-topic thread, I think it may be a good idea to have a thread dealing with the nastiness or otherwise of kids, as well as whether having kids reconfigure your brain the same way crack does. That way the off-topic thread can go back to being a truly off-topic thread.

(Not naming names, but *cough* WVU and meister *cough* *cough*)

*raise both hands* kids are nasty, especially early on. Wish I could have kids that skips to three years old right after birth. :laugh:

But I gota have kids. I can't let all the ghetto dweller take over the world by cranking out a bazillion kids while we intelligent people are bred out of existance. <que idiocracy> :meanie:
 
If you skip until three you're missing out on a lot of good times. Watching your kid learn to how to crawl, then walk, then climb then speak is ****ing crazy.

And they pick up on all the most random things too. Mine learned how to blow her nose simply by seeing me do it one time weeks ago, no one ever taught her. Sounds stupid to an outsider probably but this is bread and butter stuff.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My daughter learned to roll her eyes in response to attempts to correct bad behavior - and she started doing it before 2 years of age.

It's my fault too, my wife catches me doing it all the time.
 
My five year old picks her nose. I was hoping she would outgrow it when she got to kindergarten but sadly, no. When I ask her why she keeps doing it, she always talks about how they are yummy. Now that is gross. Must be her daddy's genes.
 
If you skip until three you're missing out on a lot of good times. Watching your kid learn to how to crawl, then walk, then climb then speak is ****ing crazy.

And they pick up on all the most random things too. Mine learned how to blow her nose simply by seeing me do it one time weeks ago, no one ever taught her. Sounds stupid to an outsider probably but this is bread and butter stuff.

yeah, but it spares me the diaper changing. I rather jump straight to the point where I can start teaching them basic math and science. It's more fun than teach them how to wipe their butts. :meanie:
 
yeah, but it spares me the diaper changing. I rather jump straight to the point where I can start teaching them basic math and science. It's more fun than teach them how to wipe their butts. :meanie:
What about the teenage years? If I ever have kids and they are anything like me during the teen years, I'm in trouble. : /
 
What about the teenage years? If I ever have kids and they are anything like me during the teen years, I'm in trouble. : /

It all depends on how you teach them. My parents drilled me like a toy soldier, being asian parents and all... and it worked, I was trouble free until I was corrupted by undergrad. :meanie:
 
It all depends on how you teach them. My parents drilled me like a toy soldier, being asian parents and all... and it worked, I was trouble free until I was corrupted by undergrad. :meanie:
Haha, my asian parents tried the same thing... but I think I got corrupted a bit early I guess.
 
yeah, but it spares me the diaper changing. I rather jump straight to the point where I can start teaching them basic math and science. It's more fun than teach them how to wipe their butts. :meanie:

Teaching basic math and science is much better than butt-wiping, but when it's your baby, the drool really is okay. Before then, everyone else's baby drool is disgusting, but your own child's isn't bad, and wiping the butt-everyone's else's baby butt is disgusting, but your own child's butt-the sun shines out that butt!
 
My five year old picks her nose. I was hoping she would outgrow it when she got to kindergarten but sadly, no. When I ask her why she keeps doing it, she always talks about how they are yummy. Now that is gross. Must be her daddy's genes.

That is awesome! The other day my 3 yr old was picking his nose and when I told him to stop he said he wanted to be just like daddy. (where is the picking your nose smiley?)
 
My kids love to pick their noses and eat the boogers. What's really gross is when you see one stuck in their teeth......
My son also likes to act like he's gonna kiss my cheek, then at the last minute, he will stick his tongue out and lick my face. Sometimes even does it across my mouth. :&
I still wouldn't trade those first years for anything, though....