If you used the destroyer, then a question for you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoRony

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Anyone here was able to go through all the questions or majority of the questions on Destroyer in 2 or 3 weeks? If so, how many day's/hours did you put in? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi JoRony, it is possible in 2-3 weeks if you have a really good foundation, it's a tall order for sure. I would like to see you get through all the problems in the Destroyer if possible, have you ever considered rescheduling to give yourself a little more time? I would do whatever it takes to avoid a retake.

Hopefully others will chime in with their experience, I have worked with a lot of students through the years so I give my advice from what I have learned from them in what goes wrong, and the biggest mistake is always taking the DAT exam when not completely prepared.

Hope this helps...Nancy, co/owner, DAT Destroyer

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi JoRony, it is possible in 2-3 weeks if you have a really good foundation, it's a tall order for sure. I would like to see you get through all the problems in the Destroyer if possible, have you ever considered rescheduling to give yourself a little more time? I would do whatever it takes to avoid a retake.

Hopefully others will chime in with their experience, I have worked with a lot of students through the years so I give my advice from what I have learned from them in what goes wrong, and the biggest mistake is always taking the DAT exam when not completely prepared.

Hope this helps...Nany, co/owner, dAT Destroyer
Hi,

Thank you so much for the reply. I have a free schedule, I'll try to push through the destroyer as hard as I can and hopefully not get destroyed, lol. Yes, absolutely, I don't want to rush. I read the FB post you guys always post. Those are very helpful. Thank You! Guys for always informing and giving helpful advice.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

Thank you so much for the reply. I have a free schedule, I'll try to push through the destroyer as hard as I can and hopefully not get destroyed, lol. Yes, absolutely, I don't want to rush. I read the FB post you guys always post. Those are very helpful. Thank You! Guys for always informing and giving helpful advice.
Always happy to help! Wishing you the best! And always #think30

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been having such a hard time with the QR Destroyer. I learned from my mistakes from Exams 1-10 but for exams 11-14 they are such a struggle for me. Is anybody else experiencing this too? Math is my hardest topic, I wrote down the ones I have trouble with and go over them everyday to learn and understand the concept but it is just so hard.

Hey Guys,

Anyone here was able to go through all the questions or majority of the questions on Destroyer in 2 or 3 weeks? If so, how many day's/hours did you put in? Thanks
2-3 weeks seems like a reasonable time span to get through the Destroyers if you are able to spend at least a few hours every day working diligently! It's important to remember that you understand each question to the fullest though - so if some days you do far fewer questions than another, that's perfectly okay! We all have our strengths and weaknesses, and the books will really pull them out in each of us. If you need a little longer to get through them, definitely take that time to do so! I'd also recommend going through the books at least twice, as they are truly foundational and importsnt for the exam.

I've been having such a hard time with the QR Destroyer. I learned from my mistakes from Exams 1-10 but for exams 11-14 they are such a struggle for me. Is anybody else experiencing this too? Math is my hardest topic, I wrote down the ones I have trouble with and go over them everyday to learn and understand the concept but it is just so hard.
I actually noticed this same thing going through the QR Destroyer a couple of years ago! Some of the questions in those last exams are REALLY challenging. Those are the sorts of questions you'd only expect to see a few at best on the exam. That being said, they are incredibly good practice and test your ability to apply the topics in the "easier" exams. I never honestly had a great handle on them, but still spent a good amount of time on them, by the time of my exam and ended up doing well. So put in as much effort as you can, and know you're going in much stronger struggling a bit now!

Best of luck, all! :)