If you were a drug...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Solandri

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you were a drug..

What would your name be?
Why would a doctor prescribe you?
And what would your side effects be?

Members don't see this ad.

Proloxil.

Not my original, but still the best drug ad I've seen in a while.

Hmmm...the link isn't working. If you want to watch a funny clip, go to astonishedhead.com and click on the Miserable Ovoid Creature flash file on the left hand side of the screen (under the flash heading).

Lasix, because it sounds good and Im popular. And had 40mg of Losec changed to Prilosec...

1) good for edema and HTN plus I can aid in checking race horses for illegal stimulants.. Plus if there is a circulatory problem question Im a great sounding guess.

2)hyperuricemia and ototoxicity+++

3) Please pass the Lasix.. I sound important- "Dont give him a Laser give Lasix"

4)Also when Im IV I act different then when Im P.O.-IV I cause more vasodilaton!!

5)In addition a sulphur moeity is in my gene. Steven Johnson Syndrome watch out!!
Im so deeply inbedded in medicine!!

Members don't see this ad :)
wow, i just accidentally studied for my pharm test on friday

I would be Lamictal because I'm better tolerated than Depakote! :D

I would be a big ol' bottle of go-lytely!

PEG anyone? Nothing beats polyethylene glycol.

I am thinking of a great cocktail to serve at a gastroenterology party right now . . .

Say, uh, TRA, what is with all this plastic covering everything?

Members don't see this ad :)
:D I'd be Adderall. Fabulously hyper. Only I could take amphetamine (for ADD) and have it calm me down.

What would your name be?

HellAnol

Why would a doctor prescribe you?

For problems with sexual arousal. According to a study of 100 people (with equal amounts of men and women, from 18-50 years), I raise the sexual lust tenfold for 99% of the patients.

And what would your side effects be?

Vaginal dryness and impotence, 50% chance.

Veritaserum. Then patients would have to tell me the truth about how they did that to their.....and after ingesting and imbibing what exactly.... On second thought..... (EEK! Don't want to know...)

Morphine. Take away the pain, but too much will kill ya.

If I were a durg I would be orlistat. Doctors prescribe me to overweight people to help them lose weight. The side effects are :

Oily spots in underwear
increased number of bowel movements
difficulty controlling bowel movements and lot others

It acts by inhibting enzymes that degrade lipids. So impaired lipid degradation leads to malabsorption and finally weight loss. :D

This is great, but unfortunately, I Don't know much :( about drugs, I didn't study pharmachology yet!!

I would be "F*ckitol." (If you saw the Robin Williams special on HBO a few years back, you know it.)

I would be prescribed for "whineyness (I don't think that's really a word, but it should be), mood swings, and overall jackass behavioral problems."

My side effects would be "oily anal leakage." (I've seen that on several TV drug ads. No matter what disease that I'm suffering from - if a drug is going to give me "oily anal leakage," I think I'll just hang in there and ride out the illness on my own.)

I would be "F*ckitol." (If you saw the Robin Williams special on HBO a few years back, you know it.)

I would be prescribed for "whineyness (I don't think that's really a word, but it should be), mood swings, and overall jackass behavioral problems."

My side effects would be "oily anal leakage." (I've seen that on several TV drug ads. No matter what disease that I'm suffering from - if a drug is going to give me "oily anal leakage," I think I'll just hang in there and ride out the illness on my own.)

This one?

fukitol.jpg

<--- hmm... Which drug would I be?

This is great, but unfortunately, I Don't know much :( about drugs, I didn't study pharmachology yet!!

Ah - I believe the OP presented it like, make up a name, make up what you do, what your side effects are, etc.... So have at it! :hardy:

PS - you're gonna need lots of those pills in MI (the land the Sun forsakes) for 4 years Speeter!

Ah - I believe the OP presented it like, make up a name, make up what you do, what your side effects are, etc.... So have at it! :hardy:

PS - you're gonna need lots of those pills in MI (the land the Sun forsakes) for 4 years Speeter!

I hear you... another 8 inches of snow today here in Toledo

I hear you... another 8 inches of snow today here in Toledo

It looks messy there, in the news!!
But I don't mind snow or cold (heck, I grew up in New England!) what I mind is never seeing a blue sky....apparently it doesn't happen in Michigan. Or at least not anywhere near East Lansing. It's a really depressing place to be!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.......