If you withdraw interview this year, will you get one next year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JayCRivera

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at some schools already, and I expect to get into one of them. Having such confidence, I withdrew interview invitation from some schools. In case I do not get in anywhere, will I get interviews from the same schools that I had withdrawn from?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't count on it. Based on the fact that you've already had a number of interviews this early in the game, you sound like a qualified applicant. But you might want to continue attending interviews until you have an acceptance in your pocket. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
If I was on that admissions committee, I wouldn't offer you an interview next year unless you had a really, really, really good reason why you turned my school down the prior year.

no way. they will not interview you next year. med schools have feelings too. they spent a lot of time on your application to decide to offer you an interview. it is a major diss to tell them no thanks.

Wow, that was...bold. I would recommend you not turn down any other interviews until you have an acceptance in hand. There are reapplicants this year who had 8 interviews last year. And no, those schools won't offer again, so you should save your money and not reapply to those schools if you don't get in this year.

how many interviews do you have? not counting the ones you cancelled? i assume the ones you cancelled were lower tier. that's your safety net. you just eliminated your safety net.

i have one acceptance so far and i also "expect" more. the acceptance was at my last choice of 25 schools and i am very happy to have it. very, very happy. thrilled, actually.

i guess we are kicking you when you are down, but dude, don't diss any more schools.