if you're still in Ithaca...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marshall

SDN Donor
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you're still around Ithaca then please come to an interesting talk from a renowned surgeon. He'll be at Rockefeller 132 @ 5pm on Wednesday, April 7.

Dr. Jeffrey Lewis, M.D., D.M.D.
April 7, 2004 5:00PM
Rockefeller 132

HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TALK:
-why he chose dentistry first and then medicine
-advice for students that think they may not be able to get into an allopathic medical school but are thinking of using dentistry as a stepping stone or "next best thing"
-experiences at an Ivy league vs. a state school
-placing out of the first two MD years at U Nebraska following dental school
-life as a surgeon
-slides of some interesting cases that he has performed
-Q&A at the end

Dr. Lewis is Board Certified in Facial Cosmetic Surgery by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. He has been appointed by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery as a Board Examiner, one of only 26 surgeons in the country to serve in this capacity.
He received his Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) from the University of Pennsylvania and his Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) from the University of Nebraska, completing both degrees with honors. He continued his training with an internship in General Surgery and a chief residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, followed by a fellowship in Facial Plastic Surgery at the university's Institute of Facial Surgery. Dr. Lewis practiced in northern California, where he also served on the faculty of the University of California at San Francisco. He has traveled to third world countries to perform cleft lip, palate, and facial reconstructive surgery on underprivileged children.

Members don't see this ad.

nobody is in ithaca. sorry. :rolleyes:

Someone has to be in Ithaca,... I'm in Ithaca and I know at least three people on SDN in Ithaca :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i would've been in ithaca..but instead i'm studying abroad right now in Australia! holla!

*I'm* in Ith and I think this talk sounds cool. Sign me up ;)

I'm in Ithaca.
Interesting talk it seems, but you guys know that WE have no time for this....

Just don't eat dinner :) Or shower, or something. An hour and some change isn't that much.