iFlash anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coredump

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else out there is using iFlash? It's an awesome flashcard program thats available on Macs only (I think). I've been using it for classes for the last couple years and it rocks. For Path, I usually have 3 sided flash cards:

Side1 = Clinical case
Side2 = Disease and relevant info
Side3 = Image of some sort (histological, MRI, CT, or patient).

You can test yourself in any/random order of sides (so, you really know something from all the angles).

If anyone's been using it and wants to 'trade' flashcards - shoot me a PM! I realized I have some great flashcards for Path, but kinda lacking in Pharm and Biochem...seeing if someone is in the opposite situation.

-cd

Members don't see this ad.

I found it just a little while ago. I thought it was much newer than that, because I looked last semester and didn't find anything I liked. Maybe I just didn't look in the right spot.

I really dig it though; I need to pay for it as my trial is up in 2 days. I haven't really perfected my card method, it would make no sense whatsoever if you tried to flip em or did the random sides...

What is this 3 sided deal? That sounds cool...

i used iFlash to study for pharm. i'm still too lazy to write out real flashcards, but somehow this appealed to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Love iFlash....but once in a while I get carried away with making flashcards, and am left the night before the exam with 300 cards I haven't started memorizing yet!

I just discovered that you can make iFlash read the cards to you.

Why must everything good be Mac only? :(

I'm sure you Mac users have some very ready responses- and I agree, but I would rather avoid buying a new laptop on top of tuition! This program is just one more pro in my pro vs con list, though...

Why must everything good be Mac only? :(

I'm sure you Mac users have some very ready responses- and I agree, but I would rather avoid buying a new laptop on top of tuition! This program is just one more pro in my pro vs con list, though...

Well, as it turns out, there are roughly a bazillion flashcard programs for PC. iFlash is one of the few available for mac. I am sure there is a free or cheap program for Windows that is just as functional.

Yes, it's true... but Macs always seem to do it prettier.:)

I have searched far and wide for a good flashcard program for the PC and still haven't found one. If anyone knows of one that's close to iFlash, please let me know.

I have searched far and wide for a good flashcard program for the PC and still haven't found one. If anyone knows of one that's close to iFlash, please let me know.

googling "flashcard freeware" seems to produce results.