ignorant predent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrness

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i'm canadian so pardon my ignorance ;) but i'm wondering how dental schools are in the US for ppl with masters degree. I know that in a few schools in canada it somewhat helps. But if someone can kindly tell me how things are down south I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Basically, all school accepts applicants with Masters degree. Some dental schools view Masters' applicants as favourable candidates as they are more mature and have gained more experience in 'higher' academia. Just as long as your grades in the Masters are good then you are okay to apply. However, because you are a Canadian, you will have a harder time to get accpeted in any 'In-state' schools as they take mostly applicants from their home state. You will have a better chance if you apply to private schools.

List of public and private schools here:

http://www.univsource.com/dent.htm

I wouldn't generalize like this about the Masters degree. Completing a MS degree in Biochemistry did not guarantee me a spot in any school. This is just another component of your application to be viewed favorably.

mrness said:
i'm canadian so pardon my ignorance

Don't be so hard on yourself, this board is full of ignorant Canadians. Citizenship is something that can always be changed.