Ihs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdrummerjd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be starting dental school this fall and have applied to IHS for this year. I see on the website it says they will announce the recipients of the scholarship around mid July and I still have not received anything in the mail. Has anyone else heard anything who applied for the scholarship??

Members don't see this ad.

IHS Scholar here. I am entering my second year in dental school. This year has been different than the past from what I understand. When I originally applied last year, the deadline to submit my application was like end of February. They notified people of acceptance who were renewing in the first part of June. Those who were applying for the first time heard a month later. I heard first week of July.
This year, the deadline to submit was pushed a little later. The letter about my renewal this year was dated june 22nd and I actually received it the very first of July. So going off of previous experience, I would guess it will be coming any day now for you. I wish you luck! It is a wonderful opportunity! If you have any questions you think I might be able to answer, I am more than happy to give it my best! Best wishes!