II Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fakenamesaremade2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering if I should be worried about interviews. I had one already, but aside from that, I have not heard anything from any one, no rejections, no interview invitations. I have not found any sort of reliable information on timelines, so I do not know how I should feel. I am treating this year like I have to reapply, but should I assume that rejection is more likely than not right now?

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invitations continue to go out into December and in some cases, into the first several months of the new year. You have one interview which indicates to me that your application doesn't have a red flag that would preclude any interviews at all. Many schools are slow in churning through the thousands of applications they receive and in selecting the 5-20% of applicants who are awarded the opportunity to interview. Hang on -- it is likely you will hear from one or two more schools by American Thanksgiving.

Reactions: 5 users
Schools get several thousand applications, may not start full processing until mid-August, and may only be able to process several hundred a week. Takes time for all those to move thru the system. Additionally, depending on evaluation and scoring, you may get pushed further back in the queue than others for full review by adcom later in the process

I bet gonnif is going to have these quotes on his tombstone.

Re OP: right there with you! Few interviews, and mostly silence. However, I have a friend at Brown who had his first interview invite (not from Brown) in October. I have another friend at Stanford who had his first interview invite during Thanksgiving (he complete his Stanford app early to mid August). Don't worry! Let's hang in there! If October is not your month then November will be! Just hang in there!!! They DO look at every single application, and judge it independently (regardless of rolling/ non rolling).

Edit: Both of these people would be considered ORM by the way. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invitations continue to go out into December and in some cases, into the first several months of the new year. You have one interview which indicates to me that your application doesn't have a red flag that would preclude any interviews at all. Many schools are slow in churning through the thousands of applications they receive and in selecting the 5-20% of applicants who are awarded the opportunity to interview. Hang on -- it is likely you will hear from one or two more schools by American Thanksgiving.
I actually just got another request last week, thanks for the Oracle-like encouragement.

Reactions: 1 user
9 schools have gotten back to me since 9/21, 7 of which were in the last 14 days and 4 of which were in the last 5 days. I submitted the bulk of my 34 apps between 7/20 and 8/7, so it's been 3 months for me to hear anything substantial. Maybe my app cycle is just weird but that's what's been happening to me (and holy hell does it feel amazing to hear everything at once)

Reactions: 4 users
Just want to add that I didn't get my first MD invite until end of December and I ended up getting 5 total with the latest invite being some time in Feb

Reactions: 10 users
Just want to add that I didn't get my first MD invite until end of December and I ended up getting 5 total with the latest invite being some time in Feb
when were you complete?

I'm getting super worried ill be slammed with 20 rejections soon-ish. 4 II (one at my undergrad institution) but it's been silence since september. submitted everything by the end of july. 3 of my interviews are at VERY low-yield schools and the 4th is a mayo, which is impossible.

when were you complete?

I'm getting super worried ill be slammed with 20 rejections soon-ish. 4 II (one at my undergrad institution) but it's been silence since september. submitted everything by the end of july. 3 of my interviews are at VERY low-yield schools and the 4th is a mayo, which is impossible.
I was complete end of September, LM of 70. You WILL be slammed with rejections, especially first week of January. It is a right of passage. Try not to compare yourself with other people who submitted the same time as you. It wont get you more invites but it will certainly make you neurotic. Just stay optimistic and be grateful you have 4 II. That is 4 more than some people get.

Reactions: 1 users