• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

I'll assume

rdhdds1

10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2007
AZ
  1. Pre-Dental
I shall assume that since I have not heard anything (email, phone call, snail mail) that I did not make the cut at the two schools that I interviewed at:confused:.

Looks like it is back to the drawing board for me:barf:.

I feel like :smack::bang::beat::boom:

About the Ads

rdhdds1

10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2007
AZ
  1. Pre-Dental
you that persian guy right?

i think you took me to the shopping center across the street...

I think you have the wrong taxi my friend. According to the US census I am in the majority ethnic group in the country (white) and the guy I took to the car was in the same census grouping.

However, it is nice to see someone in the same life boat as I am. At least I know I won't be rowing alone.

Flossy13

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
  1. Pre-Dental
i'm with ya, my heart is somewhere below my stomach right now.. sad sad monday :(

we still have a shot, but i think our chances have dropped significantly.

Pretend that I'm writing this at the end of the day cuz i know some schools take a while to personalize emails and such

cherr1pop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2007
  1. Pre-Dental
whoa whoa whoa.. so much pessimism for the morning of 12/1!
i mean not all pre dec interview results are available on 12/1, right? and there's always a chance you'll make it off the waitlist..
this is just the start of the game don't lose hope! it's like a marathon and the gun fired like 2 seconds ago.. hang on!!!

needa20

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2008
  1. Dental Student
I dont know what 2 schools you are talking about, but at my 1 pre-dec 1st interview, they said not to worry if you dont hear anything on dec 1. so at least some schools dont always let you know dec 1.

good luck and God bless to us all

About the Ads

Jake8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
  1. Dental Student
Three interviews before 12/1 and have heard nothing today, but still I will keep on fighting and hope for the best. Maybe I can be reevaluated after Fall grades are in. Right now anything to get an edge and convince the adcoms that I will make a good dentist.

aabdoulin

10+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2008
  1. Pre-Dental
I didn't hear back from the schools I interviewed at either (midwestern and western) and as sad as this is going to sound, I'm glad some people didn't hear back today either. Before anyone started posting on this thread, I felt a lot like the guy who is standing in the rain and looking through the window of a house with a huge party going on and that everyone was invited to except for me.

Hordel

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2008
Washington
  1. Dental Student
I shall assume that since I have not heard anything (email, phone call, snail mail) that I did not make the cut at the two schools that I interviewed at:confused:.

Looks like it is back to the drawing board for me:barf:.

I feel like :smack::bang::beat::boom:

I am in the exact same boat! I interviewed at two schools and haven't hear word one. Needless to say today has been terrible!!

Hordel

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2008
Washington
  1. Dental Student
Yeah, this all really helps me be productive at the time when i need to be most to insure that i have some good grades to submit this sem:smack:

I know! I really need to pull down some good grades this semester and focus on my Nova interview on the 12th, but it is hard to think about any of that today. I feel crushed and am just trying to keep myself going. Thanks to all who posted here because I really needed to hear some encouraging words right now to keep me going!

Master Pain

10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2008
Richmond
  1. Dental Student
i'll join the crushed ego club. I am still believing for an acceptance despite the circumstances (though I feel like my heart was ripped out with a spoon, thrown against the wall, and then mashed into the floor with a stelledo heel).
"Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen"
-God

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.