Illinois deposit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bluepawelephant

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: The only thing that I have gotten is the acceptance letter, which I have sent back accepting and the info about PhD programs and specializing. Does anyone know if there is a deposit and if so, when is it due? Also, can we apply for the grad programs now, I thought that we had to wait until during our first year?

Members don't see this ad.

if you want to do the PhD program, you have to apply by april 15. if you want to do an MPH, you apply in your first year. it varies by the program. unfortunately, you need a compass and a trail of breadcrumbs to find any specific information on their website. i would recommend a phone call direct to them if you're interested in a specific program. Also, according to the vet admissions book published for this year, illinois has no deposit. whoopee!

:rolleyes: Yeah, the website is not that great. It seems that they would almost prefer that you to call by the way the website is setup. I am interested in Lab Animal Medicine and there doesn't appear to be anything listed for that under their programs but I know it is available. Also, I didn't think that there was a deposit but wanted to make sure and thought that maybe I had missed that point at the info session:oops: . Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received anything from them either since I accepted their offer. I called to make sure they received my card however. Just in case!

Chibry, calling the college was a great suggestion. I called the college today and found out that they showed on their records that I was sent an acceptance letter but that they have not received a reply. :eek: I sent my post card the day after I got it, 02/21/2007 so I have to assume that it got lost in the mail. After learning about this I was referred to e-mail admissions (don't know why I just couldn't call the person back) and did so today as soon as I found out but haven't received a reply from them. This bothers me because I have had problems with this school, that is the University of Illinois losing stuff before. I would just like to hear something considering final decisions have to be made by April 16th. Anyways, thanks for the advice and I suggest anyone planning on attending this fall call to verify that their post card (acceptance reply) has been received.

I got a reply from the school yesterday about the lost postcard. They said that they would take my email for my response. Thank goodness.

I think all the information packets and other stuff start rolling in once the deadline passes and they have their full class of 2011. It's probably alot easier to send things out all at the same time than it is to send out stuff as they receive our postcards accepting admission.