Illinois Open House

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DachsieVet

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are any of you going to the open house on April 5 at the University of Illinois vet school? Or have you gone to one in the past? I'm an undergrad here and I was thinking about going, but I'm not sure it's like exactly...
 
I've gone to a bunch of them. The kids love trying to milk the cows. None of them wanted to put their arm in the fistulated cow, though. 🙄 It's a laid back sort of an event. A lot of the school is opened up and students give information about their different specialties and what the school has to offer. I liked the toxicology sorting game and the x-rays. They also have farrier demonstrations and police dogs. There's way more stuff than I just mentioned.

Here's the URL: http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/openhouse/

There's a list of the exhibits that they had last year. Each year has been pretty much the same with a few aditions here and there.

If you're wanting to snag some cow horns or pig ears (their paper, people), you should probably get there early.😉

TRUTH74
 
I have only attended one - about two years ago - and there is an information session about applying to vet school which is very informative. Get there early as it gets packed really quick. (They usually hold two sessions - one a.m & one p.m., as I recall.) If you have ever met with Mary Kelm, it is virtually the same information that she shares with you, but with visuals, etc. - which I always find helpful.