Illinois Roomate(s)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zenarugger

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I will be attending UofI starting in August and I was wondering if there are any other vet students out there looking for housing? I called the school and they said they would put out a list in May for potential roomates.....I am a planner and May seems a little late to be looking for a roomate and housing.:) Anyway, if you are looking for a roomate also please let me know!!! (oh I have 2 dogs that are friendly with other animals and I currently have enough furniture to furnish a 2 bd apt. so we would be set) THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Are you looking for roommates because you don't want to live alone or because you weren't sure if that was a possibility? My dad is renting out 4 (one to me) little one-bedroom, one-bathroom townhomes. They're really nice. I posted about them previously. He is allowing pets (many, if not most places you will find around her prohibit animals). Inside, everything is brand new- full sized washer/dryer, fridge, garbage disposal, dish washer, paint, carpet, countertops, etc. Anyway, all four are connected and we are trying to rent them out to vet students in my class, so you wouldn't be quite alone even though you'd have the place to yourself. Also, it will come with a detached private garage. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for the info but if I remember you have breed restrictions.....I have a pit bull so im SOL. Do you know of any websites/student directories where I could find a roomie? I live in Chicago and am very unfamiliar with the Chambana area.....worst case scenario I will live alone but if I could find a room in a house or other apt that would be ideal. Thanks in advance for any help!! (oh I'll be at the open house on Sat if you are around....I'll be the one stalking all the current students for info:) )