Illinois Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

illucu2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from illinois. Ever since I got my acceptance letter telling me to let them know if I'm coming (back in March), I haven't heard a darn thing. They promised to send some information in May, so far nothing. I have no student ID yet, does anyone else?

The reason I ask is b/c friends in other schools have already registered for classes more than a month ago!

Members don't see this ad.

They promised to send some information in May

I'm not a vet student (yet) but it's only May 9th! You still have a few weeks left until the end of the month. :)

Someone called Mary and she said it would be late this week or next week. So if you haven't gotten it don't worry.

I'm not sure where you are from but I'm in NY and my acceptance letter took a few days longer than those in illinois, so unfortunately Im not worrying till the end of next week.

Here are two links that might help. There is an Illinois Info thread, which is where i got my information. Also on UIUC CVM website there is a New Student page with lots of info for our class. I feel like the letter will probably be directing us here.

Hope that helps!

Oh yeah - I'm not sure if you are on facebook...but there is a group for Illinois class of 2012.

Members don't see this ad :)
CalpardNY, you're right, the letter will direct you to the new student website and also the bulletin board (the information for it is also on the new student website). Most of what you need can be found there. You will also get directions for setting up your Net ID and password to register for classes.

Don't worry that you haven't been able to sign up for classes yet, the limited electives have a lottery system and the deadline to enter the lottery is August 1st, so you have plenty of time. Hope that helps! :)

Thanks beckylu!

Ooo! I just went to the new student information website and got some butterflies!!! Class schedules, dates for orientation, fees, fees, and more fees... all so exciting!!!! :D Yippie!

I'm a dork :oops:

Ooo! I just went to the new student information website and got some butterflies!!! Class schedules, dates for orientation, fees, fees, and more fees... all so exciting!!!! :D Yippie!

I'm a dork :oops:

Well all except for the fees part! But i guess that comes with all the rest of the excitement.

Don't worry - i think dork is a trend around here...ive been getting excited over that page myself!

I live in northern IL and still have not received the letter yet. Must be this week.

I went to the mailbox on Friday expecting to find either/both IL letter and/or the $600 tax check from the gov. Neither. Same thing happened on Saturday. Bummer. :(

There was nothing in the mail for me today. Not that I thought it would get to NY before northern IL - but since you asked tiger :p!

Thanks CalpardNY for the heads up. I have not been home yet, so I do not know if there is anything in the mailbox. I'll let you guys know as soon as I receive "the letter".

- Tiger1

but it is the ONE!!!

I am sure by now everyone in the Class of 2012 have received the letter. So, I deleted my entry on this public forum.

- Tiger1

Does anyone know if UIUC is pass fail?

Hey greenie!

Unfortunately IL is not pass fail for core courses (some of your electives are pass fail). You are graded A-F and can't get an F or you are kicked out. By the end of the first year you have to have a 2.25 GPA.

Hope that helps ;)

I am posting mainly to bring back the thread so I don't have to keep searching for it to get to the "New Student" page.

Also, FYI- there is an one-time financial aid form for increasing your loan to accomodate the computer purchase. You need to attach the price quote or receipt to the form even if it is one of the three recommended ones. I sent mine in three weeks ago, but it wasn't approved because I didn't attach my receipt to the faxed form. The total was $2,900-ish for the PC Tablet+3-yr. insurance+External drive+more Memory. I still like my current normal Windows XP laptop better. I really hope that the tablet is useful in Vet School. Right now, I look at it and think $$$ expense.

You're telling me! I had to apply for a credit limit increase and couldn't even get that from the company (something about how you have to have more income than expenses, like that's happening anytime soon). In any case, I'm getting pretty pumped for August!

On the one hand, I am very excited for Orientation and vet school to start. On the other hand, I feel like I need more time to organize the papers and furniture in my current apartment so that I can then pack everything nice and neat for the move in early-August. Once I get to Urbana, I will only have 1.5-week to unpack, clean the new apartment, meet my new classmates at the bar crawl, iVLE and Orientation. I still do not feel comfortable with the PC Tablet, so I will probably bring the PC, paper and pen to class the first day. I am used to seeing nice, typed text on-screen and get very annoyed when the program does not convert my handwriting to the right words so that I have to go over the document to correct the typos. Grrr... On the other hand, I am trying to streamline things so I do not want part of my notes for class on the PC and the rest on paper. Something else I will have to figure out within the first week of class.

One of the things I promised myself when I got into the vet school is that I will try to let a lot of nitty-gritty things go so I don't stress over them. But then, planning well so that I do not get behind and staying organized is also important-- so I will stress over the details for the first couple of weeks. Don't worry, I am actually very calm, quiet and laid back in-person. I know that I will be a lot more content and settled once I get past our first round of exams in vet school...when are they? :) After that milestone, I can plan other stuff liking re-connecting with friends and weekend trip(s) to Chicago-- looking forward to that too. Right now, as I am saying goodbyes to my current life, I am also telling my friends not to worry if they do not hear from me till the end of September. :laugh: