Illinois Supplemental

Started by rosemma
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rosemma

MSU CVM c/o 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In your VMCAS statement, you explained why you wanted to be a veterinarian. Now, write a letter to your parent(s) explaining why you do not want to be a "real doctor".

OK so I find this essay topic somewhat ambiguous - are they asking me to explain to my parents why a vet is a real doctor or to explain why I would rather go to vet school instead of med school?
 
I read it as, explain why you don't want to go into human medicine.

Have fun with that!
 
I definitely think they want you to display an understanding that veterinary medicine is REAL medicine and that a veterinarian is a REAL doctor.