Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

proratalg

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone's Interview Confirmation Status changed? Mine changed this afternoon.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine changed too. It now says 'no confirmation received'.

I guess this means I'm probably going to get an interview invite?

I don't have access to my snail mail right now so I have no idea what I've got in there.

~Courtney

I was thinking that meant no confirmation was received that an interview was being offered.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking that meant no confirmation was received that an interview was being offered, yet that is.

Hi Guys:

I just talked to the admissions office in Illinois. I asked them about the change of status for the interview since mine changed too to “no confirmation received”. They said that YES! That means that the adcom has met and they are inviting us for an interview. She said that they are scheduled for Feb 12! I am super excited!

Hello All! My status changed as well today!!!:D Now, before I go and get excited for no good reason, are we totally certain that this means an interview invite is forthcoming??? Thus far, no emails or snail mail from the school...

ever hopeful,
seaturtlegirl

Hello All! My status changed as well today!!!:D Now, before I go and get excited for no good reason, are we totally certain that this means an interview invite is forthcoming??? Thus far, no emails or snail mail from the school...

ever hopeful,
seaturtlegirl

Me too! Me too!! :D

So wait, we all have our interviews on the same day (Feb 12)?

are you guys in-state (IL) or out? I'm applying for in-state Illinois.

Hi Cyrille. I don't know about this year, or how many out of staters are interviewed, but last year they accepted 25! such a small number! :eek:

In-state

I think at the open house I remember them saying they interview a decent number of non residents, because fewer of them accept invites to attend (b/c of higher tuition, etc).
I also noticed their interviews are earlier than they were last year, maybe in an attempt to snatch up well-qualified non residents before other schools do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Cyrille. I don't know about this year, or how many out of staters are interviewed, but last year they accepted 25! such a small number! :eek:

Remember, these statistics of out of state students include only students that were accepted and attended the school. They send out way more than 25 out of state acceptances by the time classes start in the fall.

When I was there with a friend who was interviewing 2 years ago, they said that they were offering (at least in 2005) 100 acceptances to out of state interviewers with the goal of having 20-25 of them actually end up going to UIUC. So they want to end up with 25 out of staters in the class, if that makes any sense. Things may have changed though, as that was 2 years ago.

My status has changed as well. This is so exciting! When you spoke to them, did they say how they would be contacting us about upcoming interviews?

Ah, mine changed too! Does anyone know if we should be scanning our email, voicemail or snail mail for an invite??

I'm so excited if this really means another interview, I will be out-of-state so hopefully would be on the same day as some of you! :D

It changed again! Today it states: Interview offered.

yippee!

mine changed too, just 5 minutes ago

INTERVIEW OFFERED!!:clap: :thumbup:

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU!

Wonder when/how they'll let us know the exact date..

I'm out of state too (NY)..

interview offered! i'm out of state (NJ)

Mine too! I'm out of state (OH).

I'm thinking they changed it because "not confirmed yet" could mean that they haven't confirmed that you have an interview offer yet. It makes more sense to go from "interview offered" to "interview confirmed" than "not confirmed yet" to "confirmed". Especially since someone called and they said that the vague "not confirmed yet" means you got an interview, the same as "interview offered". Maybe too many phone calls? I dunno

Has anyone formally heard from Illinois?

I just spoke with the admissions office, and the lady said that letters went out Monday. She also confirmed that Feb 12 is when interviews will be held (as mentioned on an earlier post).

I just spoke with the admissions office, and the lady said that letters went out Monday. She also confirmed that Feb 12 is when interviews will be held (as mentioned on an earlier post).

you beat me to it

you beat me to it

I think a hundred other people beat me to it, because the lady I talked to sounded like it was the last time she wanted to answer that question. Oh well, as they say, "inquiring minds need to know" ...and book plane tickets ;)

I think a hundred other people beat me to it, because the lady I talked to sounded like it was the last time she wanted to answer that question. Oh well, as they say, "inquiring minds need to know" ...and book plane tickets ;)

I KNOW!!! But you and I don't have to worry about planes :D

I got the letter today from UIUC with my scheduled interview time. I'm no mathematician, but holding 300+ interviews in one day is going to be crazy. My interview is in the afternoon, so I'm assuming by then they'll have their grilling techniques perfected...hehehe

holding 300+ interviews in one day

Does the letter indicate how many people are indeed interviewing? Mine didn't come with the mail today ( I *swear* my mail out here is always a few days behind ).

Would the best place to fly into be Indianapolis?

thanks =)

they always 200+ interviews all in one day, but somehow it goes really smoothly!

alonepear, as far as flying in, you can fly directly into urbana/champagne, they have a small airport. I ended up doing NYC to detroit to urbana.

I got the letter today as well for my interview time with Illinois. However, I will be declining the interview since I am attending K-State.

Good Luck to y'all who have interviews at Illinois or elsewhere.

Hooray, an official interview invitation appeared in my mailbox today!

Good to know that mail from Illinois to North Carolina takes EIGHT DAYS to be delivered :eek:

Did anyone else have difficulty sending their confirmation email to UIUC? I am sending it to "[email protected]" as per the letter, and I keep getting it sent back in an email stating:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. The following addresses failed:

<[email protected]>

SMTP error from remote server after RCPT command:
host vetmed.cvm.uiuc.edu[xxx.xxx.xx.xx]:
550 <mout.perfora.net[xxx.xxx.xxx.xx]>: Client host rejected: Blocked

What does that mean? :confused:

Also, I can't get the website to work either. I'm trying: http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/asa/C1_2011_Interviews.htm

So I just booked a flight/hotel for the Illinois interview, and my advice is that if you haven't done this yet, you should do it now! I looked on Expedia and Travelocity, and although the hotel selection was pretty good, the flights to/from the Champaign airport are already few and far between. (I guess that happens when there are 200+ prospective vet students coming in from all areas of the United States for interviews on one day.)

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads-up, and perhaps I'll see some of you there (If anyone would be interested in meeting up during the down-time of the day's schedule, PM me. It should be an interesting day!)

Did anyone else have difficulty sending their confirmation email to UIUC? I am sending it to "[email protected]" as per the letter, and I keep getting it sent back in an email stating:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. The following addresses failed:

<[email protected]>

SMTP error from remote server after RCPT command:
host vetmed.cvm.uiuc.edu[xxx.xxx.xx.xx]:
550 <mout.perfora.net[xxx.xxx.xxx.xx]>: Client host rejected: Blocked

What does that mean? :confused:

Also, I can't get the website to work either. I'm trying: http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/asa/C1_2011_Interviews.htm

the website is Cl, not C1

hey guys, my guess for those who keep getting bounced back from their email is that their in-box is probably full (if they're using a school server) due to everyone responding at once. I'd say to call them if you still can't send it, and let them know you're having this problem, for you and the other 100 people doing the same.

For those of us interviewing at Illinois... do we have the option of staying with current students? Alternatively, does anyone know of good hotels to stay at for which we wouldn't need a car? Any women interested in sharing a room? (Otto is my rabbit's name, not mine ;o)

Hi Ottolove. I don't know about area hotels, but there is a hotel right on campus, and it seems nice. I booked my room really early, but you might see if there is anything still available. I think it's called the Union.

Hi everyone! I was just looking at the interview schedule for the day at Illinois and wanted to see if anyone else thought about their plans for the day. My interview is at 10 am and I wasnt sure if it would be beneficial for me to be there by 9 to talk to the first years and than just wait until my interview time and then hang around for the rest of the day. Im not sure what to plan, so I just wanted to see what others were doing! :)

Hey, I'm a current first year at U of I and an out of state student. Just to let you know, the interview day is set up extremely well here. It runs very smoothly and they do get ALL interviews done in one day. There are several talks throughout the day to attend and you will get the chance to talk with us first-years all day as well. Last year, they sent out acceptance letters to over 100 out-of-state students and there are around 25-30 of us in the class...not sure on the exact numbers. There were 114 students that accepted offers of admission. If you all have any questions, I will do my best to answer but I am a first year so I am incredibly busy...cutting up cows and all is stressful.

does anyone know how many out of state students they are interviewing?

A vet I currently work for remembers that her best friend interviewed at Illinois about 5-6 years ago, and she had to take a written personality test, as well as the behavioral-based interview. Anyone know if this written part is still in existence?