I'm at Penn!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alliecat44

KSU CVM Class of '11
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, for two weeks anyway. Having a fantastic time--this place is so progressive and is SUCH a fertile learning environment! Much as I hate to say it, I admit that I'm starting to understand the "PennWe" mentality. What an experience!

If you're reading this at 6pm on a Friday, then you might not have any plans for the evening, either. If any folks in Philly want to get together for a drink or something tonight, feel free to PM me. Somewhere close to the vet school works best for me but am willing to cab it somewhere, too. 🙂

Yay Penn!
 
Awww yay!! I'm not in Philly (yet) but I'm so excited to hear that you are having a great time 🙂

If I was in the area I'd definitely have a drink with you! I think BlackKat33 moved down there today but she may not have internet access (unless she's got a smart phone) yet.

I hope you find something to do!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Argh, plans for tonight were just rescheduled for tomorrow...was thinking about going here tonight for some drinks/dinner: http://www.dockstreetbeer.com/DockStreetBeer.html Anyone want to join me? Would love to meet other SDNers!!!
Unfortunately, I'm no longer in Philly so I can't meet you 🙁

But some other great places you could check out are Mad Mex (mexican food/bar) and Franklin Fountain (old fashioned ice cream parlor). Also, you should go to the Mutter Museum! It's a museum of human medicine, they have some absolutely fascinating exhibits and I believe they're the only museum of their kind.
 
I'm about 45 minutes outside of the city (booo 🙁) but just wanted to give a plug for Mad Mex... one of my Penn favorites!! New Deck Tavern is also a good time.
 
Thanks for the suggestions! Wish you guys were in town but don't worry, I had some beer in your honor. 😉 Just got back from Dock Street and their beer and pizza were AMAZING. I think the Summer Session is the perfect pizza-pairing beer.

Anyways, thanks for the tips on Mad Mex and the Mutter Museum--will definitely have to check them out! 🙂
 
hey!!! i am here!! lol It took me a while to get situated after the move. My boyfriend is traveling for work this week so i would love to hang out with someone else for lunch sometime. I love it here too!!! i understand some people think the "Pennwe" thing is just for bragging rights but i also understand how that term came around. i feel like you just wont get this type of environment at any other vet school. i love being walking distance to school and the city! I also went to Mad Mex and got a margarita MMmmm i love that place! we actually made our second Penn c/o 2014 at this place. I'm not sure if you will still be in town. It is July 17th. Ok, i will PM you now 🙂