I'm bored -- let's see some more pet pics!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eventualeventer

Medical Tire Fire
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm procrastinating in a serious way, and we haven't had a picture thread in a while, so let's see your beasts!

Here's Flealoaf (my dad started calling our original pair of cats Meatbag and Flealoaf, and the names just stuck), aka Black Cat*, attacking a paper airplane a few years ago:
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j117/evntualevnter/catvsplane.jpg
* We tell the vet her name is Laura (I named her when I was 5, having just read Little House on the Prairie), but we never call her that at home.

Sorry this one's small, but they NEVER sit this close to each other, so I had to capture the moment with my phone. That's Cicely, aka OMB (Other MeatBag), on the left, and Flealoaf on the right.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j117/evntualevnter/Img1071.jpg

The original Meatbag, who passed last August (ESRF):
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j117/evntualevnter/mbcouch.jpg

Here's a picture of my current ride, who packs my pathetic butt around like a champ.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j117/evntualevnter/Pikopasture.jpg
The picture was taken years ago -- the horse in the background is William, the same horse as in my avatar, who died almost two years ago. I'm feeling a little morbid with all of these dead animals in my pictures! I really have to get out with a camera more.
 
This is the love of my life, Pluto! For all of you going to Iowa State you will meet him for sure... he goes almost everywhere with me, and everyone falls in love with him. 🙂 He's the happiest dog in the world.

n80001020_30485491_3185490.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mac.jpg


Macaroon (Mac) -- picked up by animal control last year off the streets of a major suburban area and left unclaimed. 🙁 He had a cuterebra behind his right ear when I got him, but now he's all better. He wakes me up in the middle of the night for me to feed him because he naps like this during the day.

bun.jpg


Bun -- got him a year and a half ago. He's very cantankerous, even with bribes of dandelions. I've gotten him to the point where I can pet anywhere but his head...that took a year and a half. He sometimes looks emo because of his bangs going over his eye. :S
 
n55500924_31058107_3607.jpg


Abby & Hazer!
They love to ride around in the mule that we keep out at our ranch.

n55500924_30828003_3913.jpg


Hazer will get into water ANYWHERE! He is an addict. He is give me "that look" because he doesn't want to get out of the water.
 
2775402567_7f6a06abbe_m.jpg


Two pictures of Buddy: the cutest dog in the whole world (in my totally unbiased opinion.)
​


2776257184_f67d5e4599_m.jpg


And because everyone asks me this: he's not wearing an electric shock collar. That's a Puplight - a flashlight that goes on your dog's collar. Nice for walking at night in dark places.
​
 
Nate (this is one of my favorite pictures of him)

Diva my mastiff🙂

diva again

I have so many pics, if you click on one picture it brings you to my webshots account..I love posting pics🙂
 
Woohoo, thanks for all the pictures!

Badger Girl, I am impressed that you managed to get pictures of your cats in hats! They don't look too happy about it, though. 😆<-- Sorry, cats crack me up. I love them.
 
Here's some of the menagerie.
 

Attachments

  • P1010048.JPG
    P1010048.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 226
  • P1010028.JPG
    P1010028.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 186
  • P1010030.JPG
    P1010030.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 203
  • P1010051.JPG
    P1010051.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 200
  • P1010041.JPG
    P1010041.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 195
  • P1010039.JPG
    P1010039.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 174
  • P1010029.JPG
    P1010029.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 159
  • P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 191
  • P1010016.JPG
    P1010016.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 144
  • P1010024.JPG
    P1010024.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 194
Here's a few more.
 

Attachments

  • P1010039.JPG
    P1010039.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 174
  • P1010038.JPG
    P1010038.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 152
  • P1010034.JPG
    P1010034.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 116
  • P1010058.JPG
    P1010058.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 183
  • P1010016.JPG
    P1010016.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 213
  • P1010022.JPG
    P1010022.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 161
  • P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 180
  • P1010015.JPG
    P1010015.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 169
BR549-- All of your animals look like so much fun! I wish I had a farm! 🙄

Sorry if some of these pictures are crappy... a lot of them are from my phone!

This is Furrbella, my first kitty... and yes, you read her name correctly. I named her when I was 7! :laugh:

385306041_1332216335_0.jpeg
img0044unw.jpg


Here she is again with Skye, our Westie. They're not really friends so this picture cracks me up!

385304313_1332209957_0.jpeg


This is Steve... He absolutely loves my purses for whatever reason!

img0710v.jpg
385302949_1332204940_0.jpeg


And last but not least, here is Aspen... aka love of my life! The first one is just a bigger version of my avatar and the second one is a hilarious yawning picture! I thought I'd continue the trend. 😉

img0715g.jpg
149029463_489388865_0.jpeg
 
They are tons of fun! We actually had 3 nannies have triplets this year! Too bad I won't get to take them with me to MS!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My first kittens as kittens:
Sage
DSC04045.jpg


Orpheus
DSC03698.jpg


Sage & Orpheus all grown up
Cats044.jpg


The Old Man (Midas... the 40lb "Boston Terrier"... ok 45 lb.)
DSC03524.jpg


My first foster kitties (the Siamese Trio! Nicknamed #1, #2, and #3... until they got real names Gizmo, Tyson and Lola)
DSC04523.jpg
DSC04766.jpg
DSC04842.jpg
 
Hehe, I love looking at everybody's pets. Here are mine (sorry I didn't make the pics smaller).

2136073362_4a5c1f9ed1.jpg

This is Brandi.

3042948529_f53b5b4c5a.jpg

This is Quincy.

And of course, Io.
n6408474_34377052_7377.jpg
 
Woohoo, thanks for all the pictures!

Badger Girl, I am impressed that you managed to get pictures of your cats in hats! They don't look too happy about it, though. 😆<-- Sorry, cats crack me up. I love them.


I'm not sure what made the cats more mad; the fact that we were celebrating a dog's birthday, or wearing those damn hats!! 😀
 
BR549 - I think your bulldog will feel right at home in Starkville!

Yeah, I am hopefully bringing him with me. My only hesitation is that he will probably mess up any place I live, if I am away for any extended amount of time.

He's actually a rescue. My uncle spent over $5k on two pups. He then sticks them in a kennel outside and had nothing to do with him (he was just diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic). I would ask him if I could have them and take care of them every time I saw him. Unfortunately one of them died and he finally let me have Butch. He had PTEG's in both eyes, was eat up with whip worms, and his coat was really unhealthy. The next day, I took him to my vet, whom I would trust with my life, and she did surgery on his eyes and neutered him. He felt soooo much better, that he was a new dog that day when I brought him home (she let me take him home, because she knew I would monitor him closely). He's my "bubby" and "him loves him daddy."
 
Yeah, I am hopefully bringing him with me. My only hesitation is that he will probably mess up any place I live, if I am away for any extended amount of time.


Does he have bad separation anxiety? I have found that to be common in a lot of rescue dogs.
 
Does he have bad separation anxiety? I have found that to be common in a lot of rescue dogs.
No, he may have a very mild case. He sleeps most of the day, until about 6 at night, which is his play time. He just doesn't/can't hold his bowels! When he lets you know he has to go, you have less than a minute to let him out, or he just goes in the floor. It's an endless supply.😱 So, if I owned a place, I wouldn't mind as much, but if I have to rent, it will become and issue, especially with carpet (we don't have carpet).
 
Here's my Cat Eco, pronounced "Echo" ( long story =P )

ecooncouch.jpg


Here's Eco and Benny. Don't worry, they're only playing and Benny happened to yawn at the right time... I think!

ecoattacks.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Meet Timone! I think you can pretty much age pets based on the Disney movie that came out around when they were adopted (he is pushing 13)

TIMONE005.jpg


TIMONE102.jpg



randomsummerpics06437.jpg

cats always find creative places to sleep 🙂
 

Attachments

  • randomsummerpics06437.jpg
    randomsummerpics06437.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 202
  • TIMONE102.jpg
    TIMONE102.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 117
  • TIMONE005.jpg
    TIMONE005.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 147
MY KITTIES (FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: FRECKLES, SAWYER, PRINCETON)


FRECKLES AND SAWYER AT 8WKS... LITTERMATES!


OUR 11YR OLD TORTI, NAMED HARVARD


MY 3YR OLD CAT, PRINCETON


OUR BOXERS, GINGER IS 4YR OLD AND BLITZ IS 5YR OLD


MY 3YR OLD BABY... MUGZY


PERFECT TIMING, MUGZY


ALL 3 DOGGIES TOGETHER
 
Last edited:
FOSTER KITTENS... 10-14DAYS OLD


FOUND IN A CLIENT'S ATTIC AND BROUGHT TO US...CLIENT SAID HE HAD FAMILY FRIENDS THAT WANT THEM, IF WE COULD RAISE THEM UNTIL THEY WERE EATING SOLID FOOD...NATURALLY, I BECAME THE FOSTER MOMMA


PRINCETON WAS AN AMAZING FOSTER DAD TO THEM


NAP TIME


THOSE BABIES WERE THE MOST ENTERTAINING PART OF EVERYDAY I HAD THEM...


I WOULD HAVE KEPT THEM, IF THEY HADN'T BEEN PROMISED TO A CLIENT... I MISS THEM TERRIBLY!
 
Fuzz babies (all 4!), and their play companions Kaiser and Cleopatra
 

Attachments

  • cats 1.jpg
    cats 1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 174
  • ferrets 2.jpg
    ferrets 2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 201
Okay, here's a funny cat face from Slater:

slater1.JPG


From Vesper:


vesper1.JPG


A shark face from the usually sweet Chloe (she hates carrots!):

chloe1.JPG


And a silly picture of the vet's dog at work, Raki (he says, "bleh, gross..."):

raki1.jpg


And a picture of him with his rawhide cigar. Yes, he's a very big boy:

raki2.JPG
 
I cannot seem to resize my pictures to be small enough!How do i do this?also, I have a mac so it might be different...
 
Some more pictures I just took yesterday in gorgeous weather!!!

Plutowithflowers.jpg


daffodils.jpg
 
She is sooooo cute. I am going to steal her. I miss your avatar 🙁

Except the intense look in the middle picture might give me nightmares :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
She's looking at you like you're a treat. Because, you see, I was holding one to encourage her to do what I said (i.e. sit, stay). And... she would like to eat you, Mr. Treat. You'd never know what happened.

i like the one of her on the pavement where she looks like she just snuck up on a cat that she found and is going to attack 😱. What were Corgi's originally bred for? My guys are 'ratters'.

Btw, all knowing, how do you download pics without having to resize them? 😕 i can't figure this stuff out.
 
i like the one of her on the pavement where she looks like she just snuck up on a cat that she found and is going to attack 😱. What were Corgi's originally bred for? My guys are 'ratters'.

Btw, all knowing, how do you download pics without having to resize them? 😕 i can't figure this stuff out.

You know, I just thought, "Now who's username is "all knowing"? That's not familiar... I wond- oh. Me."

Forum savvy, perhaps (and no more so than a lot of the members) but certainly not all-knowing. Please!

The pictures are re-sized, actually. They were taken with an 8 megapixel camera, so they were much larger... I cropped and re-sized down to just under 1000 x 1000 pixels, as that's about as wide as the boards. There isn't technically a file size constraint if you are just linking to a picture you've hosted yourself, but you don't want to stretch out the boards and make them hard(er) to load. For attachments, the pictures would have needed to be a good bit smaller.

Corgis were bred to herd cattle, believe it or not! The idea is... the shorter you are, the harder it is for a cow to kick you.

I think she's blinking because of the sun, but it was mostly just timing - turned out pretty cute. 🙂