i'm broke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umean2tellme

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It sux applying and being broke. My stats arent' the greatest and i'm applying late, and I feel like some schools might see that and just send the secondary just to get another 50 bucks out of a student before they reject them. Secondary applications should be free. We need to start a petition or something :). Especially when the secondary just wants you to send out another resume and a list of things you have done (just like in AACOMAS/AMCAS).

Members don't see this ad.

i wish! trust me. im broke too.. 1.26$ in my bank acct.. I cant even buy a pop.. and i was sooo craving the red mountain dew.

I'm with you guys. I've been trying to fund this while doing research (unpaid) for my master's degree. That also kills my spare time to write these essays that are, as you said umean2tellme, exactly the same as the stuff you already sent out to them.

Ah well, ideally it will be worth it in the end....right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Join the club...

American Express has a hit man looking for me.

I'm with you guys, I'm trying to find enough money to get my background check now and have no idea where to get it from!

I'm not even applying yet and I am so broke that I have to sell possessions. I recently picked up a guitar but in order to get it I had to sell an xbox, ps2, speakers, pda, and incur a little bit of debt. Smart financial moves on my part.

I had to get a background check for a job-- it consisted of getting my fingerprints taken at a police station, and then they were sent to somewhere in West Virginia for processing. The check took about 8 weeks to complete, and I received my results...... no murders or prostitution charges... thank god

I'm with you guys, I'm trying to find enough money to get my background check now and have no idea where to get it from!

I had to get a background check for a job-- it consisted of getting my fingerprints taken at a police station, and then they were sent to somewhere in West Virginia for processing. The check took about 8 weeks to complete, and I received my results...... no murders or prostitution charges... thank god

Congratulations!:D

I had to do a background check for big brother/big sister and it took them about the same amount of time. Congrats. I was worried I was a registered sex offender in some state or something.

Student Doctor Network needs a lottery, so us poor premeds can win some secondary application money.

I had left over loan money so I've used that. And my graduation gift is also going to paying for all the applications. If I get interviews I'll be tapping into investments that I've made (not much but hopefully it'll work out). Maybe I'll try that package courier deal that they did on the Simpsons once to get a free trip as long as you lug an important package.

I think I am going to go homeless as an occupation. Some company did a research and discovered that some homeless people can make close to $40,000 a year from practically doing nothing. Don't quote me on this one, and btw I am not try to ridicule the homeless people, but merely stating an opinion/fact on what I have heard. I am just as broke as you guys are. =(

i wish! trust me. im broke too.. 1.26$ in my bank acct.. I cant even buy a pop.. and i was sooo craving the red mountain dew.

Are you from Pittsburgh? I haven't encountered anyone or place in the country that says 'pop' instead of 'soda' except in Pittsburgh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you from Pittsburgh? I haven't encountered anyone or place in the country that says 'pop' instead of 'soda' except in Pittsburgh.

I say pop, and sometimes soda, but mostly pop. I'm from Missouri.

I've never said soda, only pop and I'm from Nebraska.

I've always said soda and I'm from Southern Illinois. I always thought pop sounded more southern but one of my friends from Chicago says it.

I've never said soda, only pop and I'm from Nebraska.
You guys are all wrong, because its called Coke. Always. Yellow, green, black, brown, orange, whatever color your drink is, its Coke. Much easier that way. :)

You guys are all wrong, because its called Coke. Always. Yellow, green, black, brown, orange, whatever color your drink is, its Coke. Much easier that way. :)

Yeah whether it's a liquid, or a white powdery substance right!!!

I call it pop and I am from Ohio... soda is for people on the east coast maybe?

I call it pop and I am from Ohio... soda is for people on the east coast maybe?

No because I live in Seattle and we all call it a Double Tall Latte with extra cream. I mean soda.

I'm from colorado and I say pop, from what I know only people from texas say coke. When I waited tables and bartended evertime they said that I brang them a coke just to be funny, I didn't get many tips.

It sux applying and being broke. My stats arent' the greatest and i'm applying late, and I feel like some schools might see that and just send the secondary just to get another 50 bucks out of a student before they reject them. Secondary applications should be free. We need to start a petition or something :). Especially when the secondary just wants you to send out another resume and a list of things you have done (just like in AACOMAS/AMCAS).

You'll have plenty of money when you graduate.