IM CC Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lysinee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How competitive is an IM CC fellowship? I looked at nrmp data and don't see CC data, only pulm/cc is listed. Compared to other IM fellowships, is CC mid-tier competitiveness?

I was reading a 2015 thread where posters said 'Critical Care is full of black sheep' and 'Critical care only is pretty easy to get.'

Members don't see this ad.

IM intern here, and seconding this question. It'd be good to know how to plan for the next year and a half of my training. Thanks in advance

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
<-- mid-tier med school
<-- mid-tier IM residency
<-- just a whiff of research/activities during residency
<-- board scores are far from impressive

my PD and faculty advisor both told me "apply to 2-3 CC fellowships you really wanna go to and you should be set from that angle; apply to PulmCC otherwise". totally different ballgame from PulmCC, apparently. My impression is that it's on par with ID, rheum, etc as far as competition goes.

i'll wait patiently for one of the CC fellows or attendings to correct me, though :rofl:

Reactions: 1 users
Read on other threads that the competition for pure CC was starting to go up, wonder how it'll be in a few years

Sent from my SM-N920P using SDN mobile