I'm confused....Please help me......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmy614

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In order to apply for Pharmcas, do we have to have taken the PCAT first? I'm confused b/c I'm from Canada:confused:...where we just apply to all pharm schools separately......OK, Since I''ll be taking PCAT for the 1st time this coming october ...could I apply for pharmacy schools now and send in my PHARMCAS application and still be considered for rolling admissions schools, and they'll just wait for my PCAT score? Will the schools even look at my app without the PCAT score? Or does pharmcas not even send out my app to the schools until pharmcas receives my PCAt score????? How does that all work?

Thanks guyz hope my questions are clear........

Members don't see this ad.

you can apply without your PCAT. Either way, PharmCAS will go ahead and send out your application minus your scores to your designated schools. If the school requires the PCAT, then they may look at the application without it, but I don't think they would make a final decision until PharmCAS forwards the scores (PharmCAS will do this automatically when they receive scores).

You should call each individual school and ask them about applications without PCAT scores.

In order to apply for Pharmcas, do we have to have taken the PCAT first? I'm confused b/c I'm from Canada:confused:...where we just apply to all pharm schools separately......OK, Since I''ll be taking PCAT for the 1st time this coming october ...could I apply for pharmacy schools now and send in my PHARMCAS application and still be considered for rolling admissions schools, and they'll just wait for my PCAT score? Will the schools even look at my app without the PCAT score? Or does pharmcas not even send out my app to the schools until pharmcas receives my PCAt score????? How does that all work?

Thanks guyz hope my questions are clear........

Schools that require the PCAT will not deem your application complete for consideration until the PCAT, LOR, pharmCAS are all complete. Many schools which have secondary applications will not consider you for those secondaries until they get the PCAT and pharmCAS info.

Schools that require the PCAT will not deem your application complete for consideration until the PCAT, LOR, pharmCAS are all complete. Many schools which have secondary applications will not consider you for those secondaries until they get the PCAT and pharmCAS info.

So basically there's no incentive for those who are taking the October PCAT to e-submit early for rolling admissions (unless the school does not consider the PCAT). We should instead focus and make sure our personal statements are perfect. Does this statement sum it up? Or are there exceptions.