• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

mosche

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2004
Rocky Top
Status
I've had a few too many Miller Lites, and really enjoy posting in all the different forums! Do you have any idea how funny the pre-med forums are when you are buzzed?

Example: "I made a 33 on the MCAT, how many schools should I apply to?"

Answer: "Eleven!"

Reply: "I thought it was around that number. Thank you so much!" :laugh:

Four years down the road I will be making fun of myself (i.e. people applying for residency).

Poety, this is why I ought not go to a top-tier school. I'll get drunk and they'll just look at me and say, "He's from the South, they drink a lot"!

mosche

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2004
Rocky Top
Status
What's really pathetic, I woke up this morning, read my post, and thought: "That's really NOT funny!" Oh well, last night it made me laugh!

About the Ads

Poety

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
Bible Belt and loving it
Status
Resident [Any Field]
mosche said:
What's really pathetic, I woke up this morning, read my post, and thought: "That's really NOT funny!" Oh well, last night it made me laugh!

Mosche, you are a sick puppy! I can't drink I have that asian gene that makes me turn red and not feel good at all - I used to drink despite this and built up my tolerance, but now that its back to zero, I get a good buzz for about 2 minutes (this is off one beer) and then proceed to get violently ill - oy vay!

I'm back from my interview Mosche! I loved the place! They are a strong contender now yeah! I can't wait til you start this crazy ride so you can join me in the depths of overtiredness/post call feelings every day :oops:

You should go to a top tier school Mosche, I think you'd bring a lot of balance there ;) :smuggrin:

Make sure you start posting your interview experiences too!

mosche

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2004
Rocky Top
Status
Poety said:
Mosche, you are a sick puppy! I can't drink I have that asian gene that makes me turn red and not feel good at all - I used to drink despite this and built up my tolerance, but now that its back to zero, I get a good buzz for about 2 minutes (this is off one beer) and then proceed to get violently ill - oy vay!

I'm back from my interview Mosche! I loved the place! They are a strong contender now yeah! I can't wait til you start this crazy ride so you can join me in the depths of overtiredness/post call feelings every day :oops:

You should go to a top tier school Mosche, I think you'd bring a lot of balance there ;) :smuggrin:

Make sure you start posting your interview experiences too!
If it's any consolation, I've been at the State Hospital since my post this a.m.! I just got home -- it's 7 p.m.! The thing that really scares me, one of the interns arrived at 6:a.m., and was still there when I left! Now I will grant that she is a bit slow, BUT SO AM I!!! Next year will be such fun.

As for that "top tier" school, I would end up in a psych ward myself! :laugh: I'm way too anal. Me at a school that is also anal does NOT bode well for the well being of patients. :scared: :scared:

Poety

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
Bible Belt and loving it
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Any school is top tier if me or you are in the intern class :p :laugh:

About the Ads