IM for CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chalazion12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of planning out a game plan for studying for step 2 ck. My understanding that IM the most important part of the exam. As such, I need to make sure I know this subject cold. Unfortunately, I did not do so hot on the IM shelf as it was right after step 1 and I really didn't study for it.

What books do you recommend for IM studying for CK? Has anyone used the Kaplan IM book? Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the process of planning out a game plan for studying for step 2 ck. My understanding that IM the most important part of the exam. As such, I need to make sure I know this subject cold. Unfortunately, I did not do so hot on the IM shelf as it was right after step 1 and I really didn't study for it.

What books do you recommend for IM studying for CK? Has anyone used the Kaplan IM book? Thanks for your input!

I used Step Up to Medicine for my IM exam and will be using it to review IM for Step II as well.

I think it's a GREAT book and have only good things to say about it.

Nice screenname! Are you applying for Ophtho?

How did you do on Step 2 using stepup for medicine for the IM section? What was your study schedule and what other books did you use to study for step 2??

I love Step Up to medicine. I've used it throughout the year and have been very impressed by it. For step II I'm planning on using the high yield chapters from Step Up (Cardio, pulm, ID) and using a more condensed book like Crush for the rest of IM as well as surg and the like.