I'm freaking out!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDMasonDixon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been having a few rough days on World Qbank and I am looking for any of your guys who loved Psych to tell me what is wrong with my head and fix me! My percentages steadily went up and now they have slammed down hard! I have 7 days to get out of my funk before step 1. I took most of the day off yesterday to try and reset. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Here are my recent stats.

May 21st - 92 Qs Average 68.5%
May 22nd - 184 Qs Average 71%
May 23rd - 138 Qs Average 74%
May 24th - 46 Qs Average 76%
May 25th - 138 Qs Average 73%
May 26th - 184 Qs Average 64.75%
May 27th - 46 Qs Average 59%
May 28th - 46 Qs Average 54%

:scared::scared::scared::confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I have been having a few rough days on World Qbank and I am looking for any of your guys who loved Psych to tell me what is wrong with my head and fix me! My percentages steadily went up and now they have slammed down hard! I have 7 days to get out of my funk before step 1. I took most of the day off yesterday to try and reset. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Here are my recent stats.

Personally, though many probably won't agree with me this close to your test...I'd take a day off. Arrested development just came back on Netflix watch as many episodes in a single day as you can stand.

Of course that's what I would do, if you can't stand not doing anything I'd get away from UWorld for the next 4 days and just hit FA REALLY hard. Come back to Uworld in 3-4 days with a fresh eyes

Personally, though many probably won't agree with me this close to your test...I'd take a day off. Arrested development just came back on Netflix watch as many episodes in a single day as you can stand.

Good advice, but at this point I am to neurotic to follow it.

wow those are amazing!! 70s?!!? nice! just assume the last 2 are outliers.

Thank you. Perspective and encouragement help.

Members don't see this ad :)

Its the perfect storm man. Uworld pulled together 46 insanely hard problems and your avg dropped because of that. Just stick with it. It'll trend back up and if it doesn't, figure out where the gap is that you're missing and fix it.

Good advice, but at this point I am to neurotic to follow it.

Thank you. Perspective and encouragement help.

I think like everyone you have strengths and weaknesses.. your low u-world scores are just probably highlighting your weaknesses that you didn't know about .... and the high ones probably played to your strength... I really don't get it when people say you will see a steady increase.... it's not possible if all you are doing is uworld questions.. the people that say that typically study FA/pathoma along with 1 or 2 uworld per day.

I'm saying this cos I started u-world with 80% on my first block.... and averaging close to that for my 1st 10blocks... then I tanked down to low 60s... then I got 85, then 67, and then 87%... so you see.... I've genuinely looked back at what I may have been doing wrong...to get this wild variability with my scores.. and I realize that the test I got 60% (I really didn't know what I missed - tis nothing I could have done about it - so even if I did this test on the first day, I would have still gotten maybe 60% or lower)...

...uworld is a learning tool... and I would encourage you to use it as such (and not for it's predictive value)... make sure you learn every question the bank by your exam... and know why you are missing the questions you are missing.... as for the questions you get right... make sure your reasoning was sound - you can't do anything more than that!