I'm going crazy...Too much information! HELPP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TY06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is seriously impossible. There is way too much information. I don't remember everything from first year and there is a ton of stuff i dont know yet. There are so many sources (books, questions, etc).

WHAT DO WE DO???? im stuck. i dont know where to start. guess im not a step 1 master as my signature says :(

Members don't see this ad.

TY06 said:
This is seriously impossible. There is way too much information. I don't remember everything from first year and there is a ton of stuff i dont know yet. There are so many sources (books, questions, etc).

WHAT DO WE DO???? im stuck. i dont know where to start. guess im not a step 1 master as my signature says :(

Okay, im gonna give you one honest answer because I remember feeling like this, then Im gonna make fun of you like I normally like to do.

1. RELAX - seriously, just like freaking out during a test, losing it now can only hurt you.
2. Tell yourself it is NOT imposible, IT IS NOT, thousands have gone through it, Thousands have done well, you can too. If it helps, I felt exactly like you at certain points and I did very well.
3. You have two choices:
a. Get started, people who do well do this, pick a resource as an out line...classically First AID, let it be your guide.
b. Spend forever worrying about how your gonna fit it all in...and never fit ti all in, people who do poorly do this.
4. Pick a subject order or look at the results thread to see how other people set a subject order...then
5. Start studying that subject.
6. Stick to your schedule come hell or high water, don't worry about how other people are doing, do what you think is best for you.

Bottom line...everyone is overwhelmed, you can let it paralyze you like it seems you're doing, or you can start moving and get a couple points ahead of the curve while everyone else is freaking out about how much material it is.

now.

Its f-ing december jack A$$ why are you worrying about this allready?

Members don't see this ad :)
good one dynx

ATM im gathering resources for what i will need, but also following along with texts ill be using in the summer.

hell yeah im worried, but i ve made it this far. i believe faith can get me further (that sounds rather congregational and corny, but you get my drift)

Well, i think that we're all at least a little worried... and by the way, if you're reading this, that means you're either worried (why else would you be browsing this forum so early?!) or have already taken the test and are hanging around... so i think it's fair to say that the majority of us on here are at least somewhat concerned.

That being said, of course i'm also concerned about having enough time to review stuff from last year while learning everything i need from this year. I have a "plan", and i'm trying to stick to a relatively strict regimen of doing practice questions and following BRS and Boards and Wards... at the very least, it makes me feel like i'm doing something.

If you're really very concerned, i would make a plan and start following it now - do questions, review a little bit, etc. Contrary to what others might say, i don't think that there's anything wrong with getting in gear for the boards now - i don't mean spending hours every day memorizing minutia, but at least annotating BRS, doing questions from Robbins, etc. Good luck, and don't worry... we're all in the same boat.

Q

TY06 said:

Grow some b@lls! haha..j/k. Hey man, we're in this together. We still have A LOT of time to figure out what books to use, how/when to study, where our strengths/weaknesses are, etc.

You've joined SDN. Just that puts you light years ahead of your classmates! Keep your head up. We'll tackle this beast as a team. Go Purple Cobras!

dynx said:
now.

Its f-ing december jack A$$ why are you worrying about this allready?

i started worrying long ago. simple: worry now-->figure it out-->study a lot later without worry. truth: im f'in scared!!!

DOCTORSAIB said:
Grow some b@lls! haha..j/k. Hey man, we're in this together. We still have A LOT of time to figure out what books to use, how/when to study, where our strengths/weaknesses are, etc.

You've joined SDN. Just that puts you light years ahead of your classmates! Keep your head up. We'll tackle this beast as a team. Go Purple Cobras!
cobra.jpg

speaking of cobras...

I just figured out a name for the 2006 Step1 group................The 2006 Cobras....its not my fault, Doctorsaib induced me!

PS-I noted it later, that you guys already have the purple cobras name...thats so not sexy!
How about this list........the 2006 xpress or the 2006 fixers or The Sixers...... awright I am shuting the F up.:D