Im Going Crazy!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMD2BE1122

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So heres the deal, I applied to six schools and was already rejected from 2 of them. But then Michigan gave me an interview and im dying cause i still havent heard back from them. I intervied mid november there and they still have no responce. I feel like if i dont get in there how will i get in anywhere. What else is weird is that Michigan is the best school I applied to and they gave me an interview over Nova and Case. This sucks dude. Im not sure what to do. I still have BU and tufts left. Any Advice

Members don't see this ad.

I gave bad advice here, so I am changing it... Call and see, emphasize your passion for their school, something you probably should have done at your interview, but letting them know over the phone wont hurt you, it can only help.

Dude your crazy. It sounds like a great idea but the only thing is, is THAT IM FREAKING SCARED! When i called on the 1st i was shaking. I dont want a rejection. I really wanted to go to Michigan. Its always always been a dream. I wanna no the decision but then again I dont cause what if its bad news

Members don't see this ad :)
By calling them, their decision wont change... At worst they will tell you that they are re-reviewing your file, so honestly if I were you I would give them a call bright and early 2morrow, and try not to studder. Who know's they might tell you your acceptance was sent out yesterday. It's definitely worth a shot. By the way what did they tell you on the 1st when you called?

Dude your crazy. It sounds like a great idea but the only thing is, is THAT IM FREAKING SCARED! When i called on the 1st i was shaking. I dont want a rejection. I really wanted to go to Michigan. Its always always been a dream. I wanna no the decision but then again I dont cause what if its bad news

You want me to call for you?

call Michigan up, tell them you were accepted to another school or two (yes, lie), and tell them that they are your top choice, and you need to know if you were accepted or not, so that you dont waste money on deposits for schools you dont intend on going to. LOL. Thats what I would do :D

Won't that make you sound cocky/arrogant/________(<--SDNers add another one), this is serious stuff dude. Did you ever do what you suggested?

When I was interviewd at BU in October, my interviewer told me that this year dental schools are sharing information on who they have accepted.

DMD2BE1122,You can believe this or not, I do, I do not recommend lying about something this important. Just call them up, and tell them how much you love their school, and how serious you are about attending.

Good luck.

When I was interviewd at BU in October, my interviewer told me that this year dental schools are sharing information on who they have accepted.

That is true!! They all know each other and if they want they get this info.!!
In my last inetrview at Upenn she told me that she spoke to the head addmissions in another dental school and she knows that I got accepted and now where I want to go?!!!

She didnt know about my other schools but she did know about one of them- my point is- don't lie!!

Ok, maybe that wasn't the best advise, dont lie... but yes definitely call them and see how your application is progressing. In essence what I was trying to say, was let them know that they are your TOP CHOICE, and all that you care about is going there. Hundreds of applicants out there will interview there and don't have the passion that you have to attend that specific school, so definitely convey to them your passion for their school!
PS. Lying is bad... LOL

Hello DMDtoBe, I think you just gotto be patient. You are in the same boat as me. I applied to many many schools, like around 20, got 6 interviews already, went to 5. So far i got wailisted by two and rejected by 2 (out of those 5 i went to) and still havent gone to UNLV (on december 14th but its 2nd round so harder to get in). I am pretty depressed cuz I am pretty sure no1 got 6 interives and havent gotten accepted to me. I think i am the only loser but i am still optimistic, so be patient, I think you should fine!