I'm international undergraduate and need help.

Started by HABIBULLO
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HABIBULLO

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, very good and useful site thanks for everyone. As I have nontraditional case I want to ask you some extra info about medical education in USA for international students.My name is Habibullo and I'm undergraduate student from Tajikistan and for next year I want to study medicine in USA. hh what i can tell you about ma self I'm international chemistry Olympiad student I speak fluent Tajik (Pharsi), English, Turkish, Russian and Uzbek languages my GPA is 4.9-5.0 from 5.0(in our country max. GPA is 5.0 it's from USSR educational system) As I sad I want to become doctor coz it is ma family profession (I mean ma parents are doctors too). I want to study medicine and after graduating work in USA for 2-3 years just like Dr.House. But there are two big problems for me: 1. my family don't have enough money... 2. duration of education.
My family can give me about 3 grants per year....
As my parents are doctors they married about when they 24 in our country it's too late and now they force me to marry about in this age,but now I'm 17 and after becoming a doctor I'll be about 32 years old. So I searched for some information about US medical education system and found some confusing points for me in system. First, Is it better to apply for 6 year program in US or attend med school? (honestly i want to attend med school by ma self.) If considering med school: does any US med school except international students? If yes is that possible to study at CC and transfer to any 4 year colleges or universities then take MCAT and apply to med school. And one of the important questions: Is it possible to take loans for international students in med school if yes for yo should do? hmm And IF i will be admitted to med school and take loan and graduate can I after graduation take residency in US to pay back ma loan? Thank you for your attention. Plz answer as soon as possible coz I really ned this info.
 
troy-troll.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As far as the 6 year program question goes, if you mean a combine program it's very competitive and very selective. I wouldn't really advise bothering with a combine program.
(At least that is the only 6 program I can think of your referring to.)

BTW Dr. House is cool and all but I wouldn't base my future career on a television show? If your serious about becoming a doctor for legit reasons then it is possible to do in USA even being a international student.

Yes, you can study at CC and transfer to any 4 year colleges or universities then take MCAT and apply to med school. Be careful of what classes you take at CC though, medical schools don't like to see pre-requites taken at CC. It takes a lot more then I think you believe to become a doctor. I would do more research before you go through all these dramatic life decisions.

P.S To be honest, your english isn't very..proper. I can completely understand as you are an international student but I don't know if college and medical school admissions will feel the same way. If I were in your shoes I would attempt to improve those skills a bit more.
 
You want to study medicine just because you saw House? :bang:

By the way, you're asking HIGH SCHOOL KIDS about how an international student can study medicine in the United States. You're either a troll or have no idea what you're doing. Good luck either way.